5 Ideas Each Love Language Can Use To Prepare For Valentine's Day This Year

With Valentine's Day around the corner, what better way to tell someone you love them than to speak directly to their love language?

42
Photo by Randy Kinne on Unsplash

As January comes to a close and Valentine's day comes closer, it may be smart to get a head start on the holiday. In my experience when it comes to thinking of new inventive ways to surprise people you love on Valentine's Day, it gets increasingly harder to avoid repeating gift ideas. So this year I intend to surprise my S.O. with a Valentine's Day catered to his love language!

If you're struggling with coming up with new ideas this year look no further. Here is a list of ways to spoil the people in your life based on their love language.

Quality Time

Photo by Scott Broome on Unsplash

The classic gift for someone who loves quality time is to surprise them with a new movie and a night in. Spending time with someone you love watching their favorite movie never gets old. These people also tend to be more spontaneous so look up romantic date night spots around you. Perhaps a trip to your local botanical gardens for a walk, trying a cooking class together, or doing something bold like skydiving! Gifts for this type are new things for your S.O. to try with you like a new movie, a new game, or tickets to a new band or event etc.

Physical Touch

Photo by Samuel Rodriguez on Unsplash

For the classic, a massage!

Whether your partner would prefer an intimate massage by the fire at home or a scheduled couples massage this always seems to make someone with a love language in physical touch happy! For people looking for more untraditional ways to spend Valentine's Day as a Physical Touch lover, try back painting!

It is intimate and fun to do with a partner. Gifts for this type include: new blankets, pillows, or comfy clothes!

Acts of Service

Photo by Jeremy Banks on Unsplash

Acts of Service is pretty straight forward in what they like. For Valentine's Day complete a couple of things on their to-do list to take it off their plate or drive out of your way to get their favorite coffee. These people also love breakfast in bed or homemade things you make for them. Gift ideas for this type of love language include: homemade cards, gifts, or anything that highlights how special the occasion is.

Words of Affirmation

Photo by Siamak on Unsplash

People who enjoy words love to be told how much you care. So love letters are a very simple way of accomplishing this. As well as poems or personalized lyrics/songs. Pouring your heart out to these types is what makes them the happiest. Gifts for these types include: letters, something as simple as notes on a bathroom mirror, poems, or detailed handwritten cards.

Receiving Gifts

Photo by JESHOOTS.COM on Unsplash

Probably the easiest out of the languages for Valentine's Day is gifts. Flowers, teddy bears, and chocolates always hit home with these types. If this is too tired think about making flowers out of paper or choosing her favorite meal opposed to chocolates. Anything you make will also resonate with these people. Gifts for these types include: cards, chocolates, stuffed animals, flowers, pictures, or customized Etsy finds!

I hope this helped some of you, and Happy Valentine's shopping!