Love Isn't A Color, Love Is A Feeling

Love Isn't A Color, Love Is A Feeling

It cannot be defined by race, it cannot be defined by a certain gender, it cannot be defined by culture, and it most definitely cannot be defined by norms.

217
Love Isn't A Color, Love Is A Feeling
Priscilla du Preez

Love is not a color, love is a feeling. In fact, those who scowl at homosexuals, interracial marriages, and queers just don't get it. Love isn't bound by certain boundaries, it is a feeling that can stretch beyond land and sea, connecting a pair of people whose love for each other is unconditional.

It cannot be defined by race, it cannot be defined by a certain gender, it cannot be defined by culture, and it most definitely cannot be defined by norms. The funny thing is, what is "normal love?" Is there such thing as love is the same, or is it something different for everyone?

Back in the olden days, where homosexuals were highly looked down upon before gay marriage was even legalized in the US, they had to go through brutal punishments because of their act of homosexuality and their feelings for the same gender. But how exactly does that prove them wrong? Yes, at first, it can be seen as out of the ordinary, but aren't we all born equal?

So, why can't our feelings and our beliefs be equal? Is there actually something wrong with homosexuality, and if so, who defines it? The heterosexuals?

But who says heterosexuals are the normal ones? Besides those who are highly religious and critical of those who sin, especially the homosexuals, how are they to blame for their own morals?

Men and women both walk on the same earth. Babies are born with innocent eyes and souls. And yet, all of them love differently. Why is love so different for everybody? Is it because of who they love, what they love, and where they love? Or is it because everyone was molded differently and that who they were defined how they loved?

I can definitely speak for myself. I am Chinese Canadian, born in the capital of China, but yet I can't bring myself to date within my own race. Why do you ask? And before you come across with the fact that I am close-minded, racist, and picky, you gotta understand things from my point of view.

Growing up in a patriarchal structured family did not help with my view of men in traditional Asian families. They were controlling human beings who believed that their women were to be blindly obedient and would withhold no such opinions of their own. They liked their women submissive and believed that their opinion cannot control the overall family's direction.

And why am I talking about this? Because as of my opinion from the very beginning of this article, love is not a color. Just because I am Asian doesn't necessarily mean I have to love an Asian, or else I would be defined as odd.

People shouldn't be defined within their own race, or their own feelings towards certain groups of people. I believe that love is something that is free, that anybody can love anyone because love cannot be confined. And those who try to confine love will never understand what love is really about.