3 Reasons To Love Hallmark

For as long as I can remember, I've spent most Sunday afternoons in November and December watching the Hallmark channel.

This was one of my favorite parts of the holiday season. Not necessarily because of the movies themselves, but for a multitude of other reasons.

1. It brings friends and family together.

One main reason I love Hallmark is because of the memories I have attached to it.

Most of the time I watch a Hallmark movies, I'm not watching alone. Many of the Hallmark movies I've watching in my lifetime, I've watched with my mom and sister.

Additionally, my childhood best friend and I have a longstanding tradition to watch Hallmark movies together. This tradition has continued even through college, thus far. Every time we are both home, we make a point to spend a day watching Hallmark and catching up on life.

2. The predictability of every plot.

Many people complain that Hallmark movies are all the same, but in some ways, that's a reason I love them. Life is incredibly unpredictable, so the predictability of Hallmark is comforting. I can always count on the girl to meet a guy, the two to fall in love, an obstacle to keep them apart... But they always end up together. Always.

Unfortunately, this is not necessarily how love stories play out in real life, for life is a lot messier in reality. Though, a girl can dream.

3. The break from reality.

Sometimes the weight of reality and singleness can be heavy, so it's nice to have a break. It's exciting to get overly invested in the fictional love stories. It's funny to laugh at how simple Hallmark portrays love to be.

Love isn't simple, but it's fun to pretend it is.

Also, just in case you're dying to know what all movies Hallmark has lined up for this Christmas season, here's a link to the full list.