Mayochup Is Coming
food

Mayochup–A Union Between Ketchup And Mustard–Is Now A Thing And I Can't Wait To Dip My Fries In It

Yup, Mayochup.

19

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to not have to bring out the mayonnaise and ketchup every time you have a barbecue? Has Thousand Island dressing ever left you thinking, "What's the big dill?" Well, never fear because mayochup is here!

At this point, you may or may not be asking yourself what the heck mayochup even is and why you've never heard of such a marvelous thing. Well, as the name suggests, mayochup is a combination of mayonnaise and ketchup. Recently, Heinz announced that it would be expanding the sale of its mayonnaise and ketchup hybrid sauce, and the country is going crazy about it. Both mayochup fans and opponents alike have been taking to social media to sound off on the new product. Heinz is even holding a vote on Twitter to decide which city will be the first to receive the gift of mayochup. Personally, I can't wait to dip my fries in this stuff.

When I went to Amsterdam last summer, my family and I were interested in sampling the local fare. While walking the streets of the city, we found out that a common snack in the area is a cone of french fries topped with mayo. My ketchup loving brain just about short-circuited at the mere thought of this because I couldn't imagine my fries without ketchup. After a bit of convincing, I decided to give the mayo-laden fries a shot in the name of trying new things. Much to my surprise, I liked it a lot.

A union between mayo and ketchup in the same bottle is going to be both convenient and delicious, as well as the perfect dipping sauce for fries. The tanginess of the ketchup combined with the smooth creaminess of mayo will undoubtedly unite perfectly into the ultimate condiment.

To all the mayochup haters out there, I understand. Just a little over a year ago, I was a skeptic just like you. As a ketchup purist who couldn't imagine committing such a blasphemous act as putting mayochup on my fries, I was wary of trying new things. But I assure you, this leap of faith is entirely worth it.

Mayochup will soon be gracing shelves all across the country, and I urge you to pick up a bottle. Go on Twitter and leave a vote for your city to be the first to get mayochup, or even better, start planning your very own mayochup launch party. Happy dipping, my friends.