Why I Love Elephants

Why I Love Elephants

and why you should love them too.
873

If you know anything about me, you know I absolutely love elephants. I have an elephant necklace on as we speak, I have elephant stickers on my car, and I even have an elephant tattoo!

Whenever I bring up that I love elephants or people see all my elephant-themed items, they always ask me why I love elephants so much, and I really don't know. But here are a few of the reasons why they are my favorite animals.

1. They're goofy

They have no idea what they're doing, which is why they're so relatable. They're just like us college students. Also, who gave a baby elephant a ribbon?

2. They're lovable

Elephants are social, loving animals. If I ever had an elephant try to hug me like this, I might just never let him go. Look how happy that guy is to be hugging the elephant!

3. They're intelligent

These animals are known to be incredibly intelligent, which makes me even more in awe of them. They're even known to be one of the most intelligent creatures on the earth! This elephant is painting, with his trunk? And he's drawing a better elephant than I could.

4. They're..a little strange

Elephants are unlike any animal I've ever seen, with their trunk, their tusks, and their massive size. They are most closely related to the extinct mammoth, which makes sense as to why elephants are so unique. Just the fact that we have such a bizarre looking creature on this earth is interesting enough, never mind all the other awesome things about them.

5. They're gentle giants

Have you ever heard that elephants are afraid of mice? That just proves how gentle these giants really are. Any animal that doesn't know it's size is precious. A big golden retriever trying to sit on its owner's lap? Precious. A gigantic elephant tripping over a tiny soccer ball? So. Precious.

6. They're so cute!

Elephants in general are super cute, but their babies are ridiculously adorable. Every time I see the mini version of these huge animals my heart melts. If I could own a baby elephant I totally would, but unfortunately they grow to be at least 3 tons.

7. They stick together

Elephants tend to stay together with their families, which is beautiful in itself. My tattoo has a family of three elephants to show my admiration of elephants and their loyalty to each other. This loyalty to one another shows their intelligence, as well as how loving these animals are.

These are some of the many reasons I love elephants. If anyone else loves them like I do, leave a comment with your favorite things about them!