Why I Love Chick-fil-A

Why I Love Chick-fil-A

How a restaurant turned into a sibling tradition.
1672

My sophomore year of high school, I went to a lot of concerts. As you can probably imagine, that quickly got very expensive. I finally got tired of asking my parents for money all the time, and I'm sure they tired of it too, so I decided to get a job.

I've always loved Chick-fil-A, so it seemed like the perfect employment opportunity. Working at Chick-fil-A was a great experience, and I truly enjoyed my time there. However, what I really love about it didn't actually arise while I was working.

I stopped working at Chick-fil-A just before my senior year of high school. Around this same time, my little brother was a freshman, and we would carpool to school every day. Without working all the time, I took any opportunity I had to get my Chick-fil-A fix.

Often, my brother and I would go to Chick-fil-A after school on our way home. This quickly became a weekly occurrence, and thus "Chick-fil-A Fridays" were born.

I've written about traditions and how important they are to me before, but this by far has to be my favorite tradition. Since coming to college, it's been one of the things I've missed most.

Not only do I love Chick-fil-A, but I also love the quality time its given me with my brother. Those extra fifteen minutes in the car gave us time to talk and catch up, and I truly think we're closer because of it.

I love Chick-fil-A for the food, the friendly atmosphere, and for giving me my first job opportunity. Yet, I love it most for bringing my brother and I closer together.