Why I Love Calling Wisconsin My Home

Why I Love Calling Wisconsin My Home

There is so much more to the state of Wisconsin that makes it amazing than its cheese (even though we really love the cheese)

9
Why I Love Calling Wisconsin My Home
The Bobber at Discover Wisconsin

You really learn to love your home once you are older. Things you once took for granted suddenly become your favorite parts. When you grow up in Wisconsin, you realize there is a lot to love.

Growing up in La Crosse, right alongside the Mississippi River, I was spoiled with beauty and culture. With the river to kayak to the West and with bluffs to hike to the East, there was always something new to be explored. Live music fills the parks and coffee shops during the summertime and you can feel a positive energy almost constantly. My hometown helped me develop a love for the rest of the state that I grew to know once I left for college.

There have been other towns in Wisconsin that I have known to be my home since leaving La Crosse. I have lived in Stevens Point, Sheboygan, and have spent a large amount of time in the Milwaukee area as well. Spending time in these other great towns has shown me why I really love the entire state.

Its Natural Beauty

Wisconsin is home to everything a nature lover could want: lakes, bluffs, rivers, forests, caves, trails and so much more. You could drive from one end of the state to the other and stumble upon each of those things. From the Driftless Area in the West to the Great Lakes in the North and East, you can really experience a taste of everything in just a short drive from each other.

The Seasons

Hand-in-hand with its natural beauty, the four seasons are something to be experienced in Wisconsin. Unlike some states, you get the full experience of each season when you live here. Hot summers, colorful falls, cold winters and blooming springs each bring their own special kind of beauty and excitement.

Its Mix of Towns and Big Cities

It is not all farmlands in Wisconsin. Wisconsin is home to some very thriving larger cities. Madison and Milwaukee are just a short drive away from almost every part of the state if you are looking for a big city fix.

Its Sense of Community and Culture

Festivals and farmer’s markets can be enjoyed in almost every town in Wisconsin, each with their own history and personality. Through food and music, people come together to celebrate their communities and what they love most. There are festivals to celebrate heritage, like Oktoberfest, food, like Corn Fest and Great Wisconsin Cheese Festival (YUM) and even animals, like Sunfish days.

Pride

I am not the only person that loves Wisconsin. You can find others who share the same love for Wisconsin throughout the state. Green Bay Packer fans have been ranked toward the top of best NFL fans for many years because of our love for our state and team. No matter where you are in the state, if it is a Packer Sunday, you will most likely only see Packer apparel when out and about. When you are out of Wisconsin and run into another Wisconsinite, the sense of comradery that is had between you two is so strong. We are as proud to be cheeseheads as much as we are proud of the cheese we produce. I love my state and I always will, no matter where life takes me in the future.