find the strength to remove yourself
Dating

To The Person Who Lost Their Light

The hardest thing you can ever do is find the strength to remove yourself from whatever it is that's bringing you down.

822
To The Person Who Lost Their Light
https://unsplash.com/photos/P-2CxtQvUQY

I don't think that there is ever a distinct moment where we begin to notice that we have started to lose ourself. Rather, I found that it seems to hit you months after it has actually happened. You're suddenly stuck wondering how you have let yourself get to this point and how long you have gone on living like this.

There are so many things in life that can gradually being to take away from what really makes us, us. But at the end of the day, is it really these things that have negatively impacted us and made us a different version of ourselves? Or are we the ones to blame for allowing certain aspects of life to affect us this drastically? I honestly believe that we can take the time to point fingers and put the blame on certain people or things, but that will never change the fact that the problem occurred in the first place.

It's really important that throughout life, we take the time to reflect on our lives and see how truly happy we are with what is going on around us. We tend to go through life so quickly, without taking a second look around us and we never really take a minute to remind ourselves to look at the big picture.

It's a scary feeling when you wake up one day and realize that something has been dragging you down, and you never noticed that you have lost so much of yourself along the way. I have found the the very best thing you can possibly do is to let go of whatever it is that is holding you back, in order to let yourself find who you are again. This may be one of the scariest and the hardest parts of establishing who you are and what it is that makes you happy, but from experience, I can tell you that it is the most freeing.

To those of you who have lost who they are in the midst of a situation, know that it only gets better. The hardest thing you can ever do is find the strength to remove yourself from whatever it is that's bringing you down, but when you do, you'll gain the opportunity to be who you truly are again and that is the very best gift that you can ever give yourself.