Sometimes saying goodbye to someone is for the best.

May The Bridges You Burn Light The Way

The ending of one story is really just the opportunity to start another.
66

"May the bridges I burn light the way."

I'm sure she's not the first one to say it, but the first time I ever heard this clever twist on the classic "don't burn your bridges", it came from my best friend's mouth. I had expressed my concern for her because, at this point in her life, it seemed like the drama surrounding her just wouldn't end. It was like her friends had flipped the switch overnight, pledging their allegiance elsewhere, and I worried about how she would move on from this.

Thankfully she showed me once again that I had nothing to worry about, because if they didn't want to be in her life than so be it. Ironically enough, once these people left her life it was like the sun had come out again and she began to shine like never before.

I have always looked up to her as a big sister and the thought of her struggling broke my heart, but she wasn't struggling at all. She told me that it was fun while it lasted but some people just aren't meant to be in your life forever.

It was like this change was what she had needed all along, it lit a fire in her that propelled her to bigger and better things. What seemed like a tragic end to all the good times turned out to just the beginning of so many more amazing friendships and memories, that unlike the drama-filled ones, will last a lifetime.

So the next time you are going through a rough time in any one of your relationships, take a step back before you beg for their forgiveness. Remember that everything happens for a reason and what may feel like the problem, may actually be the solution to finding your happiness.

Now, I'm not saying go out and ruin every relationship you have, I'm merely shedding some light on a very real alternative to how most people handle situations like these. You don't have to sit around being sad.

You control the way your life goes, and who is in it. Believe it or not, some people come into your life just to teach you how to let go.

Life is not meant to be lived looking back. Keep moving forward, and don't slow your pace for those who can't keep up with you.

This is my favorite part, since then her old unfaithful friends have all reached out asking for forgiveness and a spot in her circle once again. Even though so many years ago they told her she was the problem.

They tried to make her question herself and her character, to rain on her parade, and if it was anyone else it may have worked, but not this girl.

She is someone who knows who she is without anyone having to remind her, and though she wishes them all the best, they know they won't be finding it with her.

I thought I would share her story because we can all learn a thing or two from my friend who's wise beyond her years, I know I have.