Selena Gomez’s “Lose You To Love Me” Really Hits Close To Home For Me

When listening to the song for the first time, it sounded as if she had read my mind. I remember being in a toxic relationship, but not realizing it until afterwards. I remember believing he thought he knew what was best for me. I remember seeing some signs that I should have left, but I ignored them. These lyrics hit so close to home.

He always played the victim. He always acted as if he was the one hurting and like I hurt him. He tore me down, no doubt. He made me think I deserved what he put me through. He tore me down. He made me feel like I was never enough and that I needed to change myself.

I always went back and looked at us so blindly. I always ran back and thought things would change because I put him first instead of myself. He promised me so much, but those promises never came true. I finally ended that chapter.

I left him and found myself. I found the things I loved about myself. I put myself first for the first time in a long time. I built myself back up from where he tore me down. I finally saw all the signs and made sure I said goodbye forever on that chapter of my life.

I realized what I deserved in life. I realized I had to lose him to love myself. I needed to hate him to love myself and never go back.