Lose You to Love Me- It's True

Lose You to Love Me- It's True

This song is too true for a very saddening, simple reason. The part of ending relationships that's the hardest to rebuild.

81
Lose You to Love Me- It's True
https://unsplash.com/s/photos/i-hate-you

Lose You to Love Me is Selena's new song, she wrote it for Justin Bieber, and very detailed lyrics explaining her feelings towards the situation. The song itself though is a simple depiction of how relationships ends on a personal level, how much the feeling of losing yourself hurts but the acknowledgment that you're lost in yourself after the relationship ends, is the hardest part.

Getting into a relationship is a risk, no matter how serious it is, you find yourself from the jump subconsciously doing things that that person likes as you get to like what they do. You find yourself compromising things that you enjoy doing to accommodate their schedule. You open up yourself to their criticism, because as soon as you expose certain parts of who you are, they are at the other person's hand. That's the risk. The risk that you're with this person, opening up to them, letting them taking things that make you happy away from you without them knowing (or maybe they do) and then they make you feel bad about them, or they make you not like certain things anymore, you let them take things away from you. You let them set fire to your purpose, and you watch it burn. You watch who you are get taken away in the hopes that that person stays and it's all worth it, and then they don't. They don't stay, and you're left with this burning forest of who you used to be behind you, with no water to put it out. And the only way that you can love yourself again, and build your forest up again is to hate them. To lose them.

Letting people take who you are is hard because when you have a big heart and you love like there isn't a chance your heart could break, you do things that aren't you. Ending up being this person that without noticing, is nothing of who you were. You walk away from the relationship without a clue to what your hobbies are, what you eat at night, what music is your taste. Suddenly you don't remember what it's like to love yourself. You feel like you deserve this, this uncertainty. Like you deserve to be this discombobulated because you let yourself lose yourself.

Losing someone might be the only way you can be yourself again. With them, you felt as if they completed you, that they were the other half you looked for. And then when they leave, or when you start to feel differently about them, maybe you leave, that part of you is gone. That other half is no longer there and you forgot what you did before them. Living without someone you thought was your forever, is traumatic. As much as we all wish we could be invincible when it comes to relationships and people, as much as we want to not care and be able to walk away from stuff easily. The reality of it is, we can't. And we let people hurt us and screw us over, many times, and then there will be a time when you won't let them because you are stronger this time. And that moment that you choose your love over someone else's, is when you have loved yourself.