11 Effortless Ways To Keep Unwanted Weight Off, Without Crazy Cleanses And Workouts

We all struggle to keep up with our New Year's resolutions, and these are the easy ways to do it.

283
@fabletics

With the end of January approaching, millions of people all over the world are either falling short of their New Year's resolutions or are continuing to push on with them. Even though it takes three days to start a habit, some of us are just too busy, too unmotivated, or just too lazy to get into the shape we promised ourselves we would. While gyms start to experience less traffic around mid-February, we constantly look for ways to burn all those calories nevertheless.

Luckily for us lazy people, there are some odd tricks and tips to burn a few extra calories whether we are active gym rats or couch potatoes.

1. Invest in a Fitbit

It becomes almost an addiction to count your steps, stairs climbed and calories burned for the day. While the numbers may not be 100% accurate, it's still pretty cool to see your daily progress. It also serves as really good motivation too!

2. Take the stairs

I know, I know. I hate taking the stairs as much as the next person, but I promise your quads and your glutes will not regret it. Try taking the stairs at least once (if your day allows it) and you will soon see progress. Plus you can track it on your Fitbit, and watch your numbers go up.

3. Switch to water...ONLY water

This one is hard for a lot of people; understandably so. Energy drinks, juices, and sodas are good for providing quick boosts, but water is key. Not only does it flush toxins out, but it keeps your skin, your hair and your digestive system healthy.

4. Drink tea

I understand water can be pretty bland for a lot of people, so tea is your second best bet. It contains antioxidants which help to flush out your digestive system and when drank while hot, it fils you up more too. It's also said that hot drinks make people "more humble".

5. Drink a glass of water with every meal

Keeping hydrated is key to weight loss, especially when we eat. Most of the time when we eat, we eat without thinking; we just stuff food in our mouths and go on our way. Drinking a glass of water with every meal keeps you full longer, and helps you to eat less. It also requires minimal effort.

6. Chew gum

A lot of the time when we're hungry, we are just bored; eating fills that void. Sugar-free gum is low in calories and keeps your mind and your mouth busy, while simultaneously offering fresh breath. It's also really good time filler.

7. Sleep more

I think this is something everyone can get down with. If you're bored, take a quick 20-minute power nap and you'll be sure to fill your time with something beneficial too. Not only will you feel more refreshed, but you'll burn calories in your sleep too!

8. It's not dieting, it's slow elimination

While it may take a lot of mental willpower, eliminating one item of junk food goes a long way. Start with something like potato chips (actually commit!), and keep at it every week. Before you know it, junk food won't even tempt you and you'll feel that much better in your body.

9. Walk out of your way

Most people have their daily routines and they stick to them. Whether you're at school, work, or home, take a path slightly out of your way to get those steps in. Even if it's just a couple of steps, your body and your Fitbit will thank you.

10. Flex your abs

Yup, you read that right. Flexing your abdominal muscles while you walk is a workout in itself... except it's not as laboring. Flexing your ab muscles when you walk improves posture and works your core while you're active. A strong core means a strong body. Again, it takes minimal effort.

11. Dress to impress

They say if you look good, you feel good. Often times we get some snug in our sweatpants and we lose motivation for anything beyond relaxing. When you dress well, you feel even better. When you feel better, you do better things too. It's just another psychological tactic to help motivate you and feel more confident.

Weight loss is not easy whatsoever, but there are little steps you can take that go a long way in cutting down the pounds. Commit to these tips for 3 days and eventually, you'll develop a habit. After a month, it becomes almost routine. A little determination and motivation go a long way in at least attempting to stick to a fitness routine.