Looks Only Matter For So Long

Looks Only Matter For So Long

Finding Someone You Care About

11
Looks Only Matter For So Long
Payton Stark

I think part of it comes with growing up. But lately, it's hit me. I know what I want.

I was listening to a little tune the other day. It was some unknown band that I came across listening to a related artist, but the song talks about what the singer wants out of love. How he wants someone he cares about, not just someone to fool around with, how it's either that or he doesn't want anyone at all. There are hundreds of nice, cute girls out there, and at times it's tempting to just settle with that. Sure they might even be good people who enjoy the fun of it, but there isn't a reason for settling. If they don't quite do it for you than there is no reason to go down that road. There are plenty of girls that just don't do it for me, whether it's their lack of interest in the things that matter to me, or the way that they conduct themselves. It is important to realize what you want. It is also important to think about how much you care about them. Thinking about losing them, or not ending up with them, and if you would even care that much if that happened. Are you protective over them both physically and also personally, not letting anyone say anything bad about them or to them? Could you still care about them if they were injured and lost a lot of their physical appeal? Could you love them even if they cut their hair funny or wore clothes that appalled you? It's questions like these that matter. I want someone that believes in me, and someone who is just there, not perfect, but just present and there.

"Someone I care About" by The Modern Lovers