10 Things Every Girl Who Looks Younger Than Her Age Has Been Through, Without A Doubt

One day we'll appreciate it, but right now, not so much.

84

You're that person that has looked the same age since you were 12, and it sucks. Not much has changed other than the fact that you're officially no longer a minor, but nobody would know that based solely on your looks. Does that sound about right? Be calm, it's not all that bad. Here are some things (good and bad) all of us baby-faced, short girls can relate to.

1. Being the only one in your friend group that gets carded

While all your friends glide right past the bouncer because they are super hot, tall, and look 5 years older than they really are, of course, you're the only one that gets stopped to show proof of your age because you're short and look like you're five.

2. Everyone always says how you'll be thankful for looking younger when you're 50

Yeah, OK, and? Right now I'm a 21-year-old that could pass for 15, and I really don't want to hear that I won't be thankful for that until I'm half-way dead.

3. Strangers automatically assume your younger sibling is multiple years older than you

While the irrelevant stranger feels the need to state how they would've never guessed you're the older one, you just smile at them while imagining you actually saying what's really on your mind.

4. The bartender gives you a confused look when you go up and order a drink

They probably think you're playing a weird joke on them because right now they are thinking, "there's no way this girl is of age." Well, guess what, bartender, I am. And now I feel weird just trying to exercise my legal rights.

5. Makeup is the only thing that can make you look a slight bit older

Unfortunately, you have to smack as much product on your face as you can just so you can look a little bit closer to your actual age.

6. You can still get away with ordering off the kids menu sometimes

This comes in handy when you have $20 in your bank account, but you really want to save some money at the restaurants.

7. When you're walking in a group of 5th graders, you blend right in

It's one thing looking young and a whole other when you're also short. Double whammy. Great. More reason for people to believe that maybe you really are a 5th grader.

8. You can still shop in the kids department

Have you ever been looking at a pair of shoes that was extremely overpriced, but find the same exact pair in the kid's section for $20 cheaper? Yeah, that's a huge pro of looking younger and being shorter than the average.

9. Everyone makes fun of how close you sit to the steering wheel

It never fails, whenever people get into your car they have to ask, "How do you see over the steering wheel?" or "Is it really necessary to sit that close to the wheel?" Well, I don't know, why don't you try being 5 feet and driving?

10. You have caught yourself showing patterns of "Napoleon syndrome"

Even though you're not a man, so short man syndrome doesn't exactly apply, sometimes people just don't take you seriously enough due to your young appearance and short stature. So, this might cause you to get a little frustrated at times and try to compensate. Oops. Sorry, not sorry.