17 Wonderful Things To Look Forward To In 2021

Here's to looking forward and putting 2020 behind us!

4219

2020, as we are all well aware, has not really gone as planned. It's safe to say that no one had "2020 vision" and the amount of obstacles we've had to face this year is unprecedented in modern times. Though we all have made adjustments this year and are acclimating to the new normal, looking ahead is exciting and something I'm sure we are all guilty of right now. Sometimes it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel, so I thought I'd compile this list of just some of the many reasons to look forward to 2021.

Now this list assumes that the virus will have a vaccine at some point this next year, for which I think there is a good chance. The world may never go back to exactly the way it was before, but that doesn't mean there aren't things to look forward to in the year ahead.

1. A reliable COVID-19 vaccine.

Japanese encephalitis vaccine mandatory for certain PACAF locales ...

We are almost there guys! So many different studies and trials are being funded for a vaccine that it is likely there will be one in the near future. This vaccine will save so many lives and I look forward to the day it is developed and can be widely administered.

2. A new American President will be inaugurated at the beginning of the year.

File:Joe Biden (48605397927).jpg - Wikimedia Commons

No matter where on the political spectrum you fall, it's clear that things in America need to change. We've had numerous protests, political scandals, and now the highest rate of COVID-19 cases. What we are doing right now isn't working to help mitigate these disasters, so maybe new leadership is what this country needs. We have to believe that President-elect Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris have the American people's best interest at heart.

3. Your birthday is this year!

chocolate cake topped with roses and doughnuts Photo by Bruce Tang on Unsplash

"That's the funny thing about birthdays, they're kind of an annual thing."-Rapunzel, Disney's "Tangled".

4. Music! Bands! Touring!

photo of brown and gray drum set Photo by corey oconnell on Unsplash

Not only is new music coming out next year (I'm looking at you Drake and Lana Del Ray), but numerous bands and artists have rescheduled their tours for the upcoming 2021 season. This list includes Avril Lavigne, Snoop Dogg, Harry Styles, the Weeknd, and Justin Bieber.

5. The 2021 Tokyo Olympics are DEFINITELY happening.

File:New national stadium tokyo 1.jpg - Wikimedia Commons File:New national stadium tokyo 1.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Though they weren't able to happen this year due to COVID-19 concerns, next year's Olympics will "take place with or without COVID" according to Olympic Committee Vice President John Coates. The Olympic Games are scheduled to begin July 23, 2021.

6. ALLL the movies that are coming out next year.

DUNE First Look

@dunemovie on Instagram

SO many great movies are hitting theaters next year. From "The French Dispatch," to "No Time to Die," to "The Quiet Place II," to "Black Widow," to "Fast and Furious 9," to "The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It," to "Dune," to "West Side Story," there's most definitely something for everyone.

7. Actually GOING to the movies for the first time in forever.

woman in blue jacket and b lack pants near Imax Photo by Kyle Smith on Unsplash

I miss going to the movies SO MUCH! That is the first thing I'm going to do once it's safe to go out in public again.

8. We can travel again!

man sitting on gang chair with feet on luggage looking at airplane Photo by JESHOOTS.COM on Unsplash

Once COVID-19 is under control, travel will once again be safe. We can go back to exploring the world around us, whether it's visiting family in another state or boarding an airplane to another country.

9. Running errands without wearing a mask.

group of people inside mart at fruit section Photo by Morgan Von Gunten on Unsplash

While I will most certainly wear a mask as long as needed, it'll be nice when we can do a simple grocery run and smile at people that we pass. Plus no more "oh I forgot my mask!" and running back into your house before you leave.

10. We can finally see all of our family under one roof.

man in white crew neck t-shirt sitting beside woman in white crew neck t-shirt Photo by Jonathan Borba on Unsplash

I'm sure many of you are like me and haven't seen your extended family in months. I can't wait to see everyone again and hug family members I haven't seen in so long.

11. We can plan to study abroad again.

person walking on road Photo by Jeff Frenette on Unsplash

Personally, my study abroad plans were canceled this past year. I'm hoping that next year I can revisit them and I hope you can too.

12. Eurovision will be back this coming year.

"The stage is set, the hosts are ready, and it's almost time for Eurovision: Europe Shine A Light!"

@eurovision

Eurovision Song Contest, the famous international song competition, is scheduled to start during May in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.

13. Meeting my classmates in person next semester.

four people watching on white MacBook on top of glass-top table Photo by Mimi Thian on Unsplash

Not all classes will be in person next year, but hopefully restrictions will have been lifted some and it'll be safer to be in classrooms! It's interesting now to see our classmates in person, as I've only seen most of them through a small screen on Zoom. Plus making friends will be a lot easier again.

14. Going out to eat again...without masks or extra anxiety.

a group of people eating on a long table Photo by mona Masoumi on Unsplash

Restaurants quickly acclimated to the new COVID-19 normal by offering dine-out options, but as restrictions begin to lift, more and more people are dining out again.

15. The Jurassic World VelociCoaster at Universal Studios Islands of Adventure.

@universalorlando on Instagram

If you're a theme park fan, this next year has some fun in store for you! Universal Orlando Resort will open a new Jurassic World-themed rollercoaster this upcoming summer, and it's sure to be one of the craziest rides in the park.

16. TRON Lightcycle Run at Disney World's Magic Kingdom.

@waltdisneyworld on Instagram

Yes, another new ride, this time in Disney World's Magic Kingdom.

17. Broadway shows will return.

New York Time Square Photo by Denys Nevozhai on Unsplash

Broadway shows are currently suspended until May 30.

I know this year has been rough, but bright things are ahead. Enjoy the upcoming holidays and I wish you all the best of luck in the upcoming year!

From Your Site Articles