Thank You Longden Hall

Thank You Longden Hall

Don't get me wrong I am not sorry that I won't have to wear shoes in the shower (not that I did anyway).

30
Thank You Longden Hall
twitter

Dear Longden Hall,

Thank you for an unforgettable first year of college. You have been the place where I have made most of my favorite memories but you've also been the place where I have some of my least favorite memories. There have been many countless nights spent in the study room at 2 am and there have been just as many nights where I'm under the covers at 11.

You have become my home away from home and while you are the size of a shoe box, you've become my home. 336 has become the place that people hang out for movies on Tuesday nights and it's also become home to the hangout room before going out on a Friday night. Countless hours have been spent in perfecting what you look like to make it the perfect place to study and watch Netflix.

My favorite days are the ones I can come back and just relax. You have become my refuge from the hard Spanish classes and the place that I can nap through lunch. I've done that more times than I can count.

You have also given me some of the greatest friends I could have asked for. A year ago I didn't know my roommate aside from the information we had told each other on Facebook but now we're one of each other's best friends. I'm so glad that you have given me her. You have also given me other friends that I cannot imagine my life without.

Now I am sadly packing up my room and the emptier it gets the sadder I feel. Don't get me wrong I am not sorry that I won't have to wear shoes in the shower (not that I did anyway) and I am definitely not going to miss the small bed I slept on every night. I will miss the late nights talking about life with my roommate and the constant flow of people in and out. I will miss having basically no responsibilities other than getting myself to class but I know it's time to let it all go and move into the next room.

So as much as I hated and loved living in you, I cannot say that I will be super upset to not share a floor with 40 people next semester.

So thank you Longden for what I can say has been an amazing year.