How Long Distance BFFs Can Still Be #Goals

There should be a corny song dedicated to long distance best friends like us.

59
Unsplash

"What's your schedule like?" is something that I have been asking my long distance best friend for about four years now. There is nothing that can come between us. There is nothing that has come between us, I should say. We have been able to work through hectic schedules. Whether it be school, work, other friends, gym time, yoga classes, guys- anything, really. We have always managed to maintain a healthy lasting friendship. We have made time for each other. We have been there for each other in some of the roughest and toughest times of our lives through texts, Tweets, phone calls and Facetime. Thank goodness for technology!

I don't know where I would be without my best friend. More specifically, I don't know where I would be without my long distance best friend. Now, I know that people say that it's hard having a long distance relationship. I'm sure they meant friendships too, and not just a "significant other" relationship, right? Anyways, yeah, it is hard. It's kind of tough not having them around for face to face encounters. Especially when you want to watch The Notebook and eat a ton of junk food, pig out and cry your eyes out together. It's even harder when you are out shopping and they can't tag along to tell you how awesome those jeans look and how horrible those shoes are. Still, with technology, there seems to be a bridge to help with those "SOS" moments, but I will admit that it does kind of suck not having her around face to face more often.

You want to know what, though? It's also kind of cool. Want to know the benefits of having a long distance best friend? For one, every time you guys swap clothes you get to keep it until the next time you see her face to face, and although you miss that adorable top and might want those earrings back at least you have that furry vest to make up for it.

Then there's the actual excitement in everything that you do. I mean, don't you just love sending your long distance best friend pictures of everything that you do, of everything you buy, and everything you see on social media? Am I just that annoying, guys? Everything just seems more exciting to share! I mean, talk about sending her a picture of me holding a boba drink every time I go there without her. And how about all those memes? They seem funnier, and somehow in sharing all of these moments with her, although she is miles apart, makes it all more exciting. And how about that Netflix show you can watch together but apart! Isn't that just the best?! It makes the show even more special and much more fun to watch. Just make sure that you guys commit to watching it at the same time and only certain episodes per night or something like that so that one doesn't get too ahead and ruin the fun for you. I speak from experience, guys!

Space, that's another thing that is guaranteed with long distance friendships. Talk about miles and miles of space! But hey, space can be a good thing. Especially if you guys are polar opposites and all. Of course, you may go through withdrawals like I do as soon as you aren't attached to the hip, but space is sometimes needed. Isn't there a quote that says that absence makes the heart grow fonder or something like that?

Anyways, you sure do appreciate a good thing once you place space and distance and time between you guys. There is another great benefit in having a friendship such as a long distance one and here it is. You test it. You test the strength. You test the pureness. You test your friendship and whether or not it is pure, strong, and has any potential in surviving through anything.

I am proud to say that my long distance friendship has survived through the toughest of times and circumstances. I am proud to say that I have a long distance best friend and we work out perfectly and have never been happier. She is the ying to my yang. The apple to my eye.