My Best Friend Lives 900 Miles Away But He Has Never Left My Side

And I love him likes he's right here with me, you're worth every mile between us.

59

When I was 12, I ran a fan account on Instagram. One day, another fan account asked me for my kik in the comments of a post. He was a blonde haired, blue eyed amazing boy who loved wrestling as much as I do, and that's something I've never seen in my whole entire life. This boy became a staple in my adolescent life. I would spend hours staying up talking to him and hiding my phone from my mom so she wouldn't ask about the weird area code I was texting.

The more I talked to this boy, the closer we got. At first I adored the idea of being able to be whoever I wanted to, but it was so easy to let him see exactly who I was. I don't know if it was the safety of him not being able to see me when I poured my heart out or judge me when I cried over stupid things. He had the choice to leave, it would have been so much easier for him to, but he never did.

I was in a relationship for three and a half years on and off, and he never left my side. It wasn't lust, it wasn't infatuation, it was genuine love. True love was something that my tiny 15 year old self had not yet experienced. He never got mad when I ranted on and on about things he doesn't really care about, just listens to for my sake. He has never once pushed me to do anything I wasn't comfortable with.

With everything I've been through in the last few years, he has never left my side. It's like he knows exactly how much I need him and for some insane reason he feels the exact same way. I've had boyfriends, I've had people who were "supposed" to love me, who were "supposed" to do everything he does, but they didn't. They would try sometimes, but they would almost always make me feel bad for it. He never did that, he constantly reassures me I'm doing okay and has the most faith in me.

Do I know what our future holds? Not a clue. Am I counting down the days until I can see my best friend and give him the biggest hug in the world? Damn right I am.

To my amazing, amazing, boy...I love you so much and thank you will never be enough for everything you've done for me. I'll see you asap. Love Always,

Georgia