Living Life In The Middle

Living Life In The Middle

I didn't choose the middle child life, the middle child life chose me.

100
Living Life In The Middle
Pintrest

As the middle child, I have come to realize that there is always something that makes me different than my older and younger siblings. It isn’t something that a person can learn or something that anyone can give to them. It is simply something that comes with being the middle child. You’re probably wondering what it is that makes the middle child oh-so-special, but there is really no other word or description other than MCS. MCS, also know as Middle Child Syndrome, is what all middle children have, it is as if we can personally relate to each other because we understand what we all go through.

1. You will always be blamed for everything

You’ll always be the first to blame. This is just the way things are in the house. When all goes wrong, blame the middle child. Honestly, half the time you won’t even be in the same room as to where the incident happened, yet you’ll still get yelled at and blamed for it.

2. You have no coordination

No matter how hard you try, you will never be able to stand on your feet for a certain amount of time. After a little while, your legs or feet just might not want to support you any longer so you wind up tripping, slipping, sliding, falling and or soaring across the floor. Yeah, you’ll wind up with some bruises and cuts, but you’ll be fine. There is also this factor of you not being able to dance, and you just wind up looking like a piece of spaghetti noodling it up out on the dance floor.

3. You’re the last to know everything

You could be in the house all day every day, and still be the last to know everything. It is as if everyone talks about everything when you leave the room for a moment because then you return or ask a question, you are yelled at because you “weren’t listening” even though the information was never delivered to you.

4. You relate easily with other middle children

I feel as if all middle children have a connection. This connection that we know how we feel in certain situations, similar to a type of telepathy. It’s the best feeling when you’re able to relate with another middle child, you don’t feel as if you’re strange or different. You feel better about yourself because now you know you’re not the only one.

5. You are always compared to your older/ younger sibling(s)

There is nothing you can do about this, it is just something that is packaged with being the middle child. Yes your parents may always tell your other siblings that they’re “amazing," “so smart," “great student;" meanwhile, you’ll always be a “good” student. Also, you will hear how they always are doing the most, are so strong and brave, and then there was you…

It is visible that middle children are quite special in their own way. They have characteristics that make them unique, as if they were brought up to be special people. One day, all middle children will unite because they are able to feel each other's pain, and relate with each other very easily. With this, be sure to celebrate August 12th, also known as Middle Child Day, with your middle child because they deserve to be celebrated.