Truths Every Small Town College Kid Home For The Summer Knows To Be True

You want pizza delivered at 1 a.m.? Too bad.

247
Samantha Wolf

Coming home for the summer can be so exciting.

You have the opportunity to see friends, family, hang out with your dogs that you haven't seen all semester and get to go do a ton of fun summer-type things.

UNLESS....you live in a small town.

Living in a small town means that there isn't a vast expanse of activity or entertainment within an hour drive, and if there is, it probably closes at 5 p.m.

For those that don't have a job, places closing at 5 p.m. is not an issue, but for those that do... it sucks.

But what about when your craving pizza at 1 a.m.? You can't call in a pizza; the pizza shop is closed.

Even worse...you probably couldn't even have it delivered if they weren't closed.

Or Chick-fil-a? Everything is already closed on Sundays as it is, but you can't complain about it because your town is too small to even have a Chick-fil-a in the first place.

Coming home for the summer is like a breath of fresh air for about two weeks, and then you realize there isn't anything to do. If you're fortunate enough to have a pool or live near a lake or beach, you can always tan or swim -- but even that gets old.

So what do you do if there's nothing to do but you want to spend your summer at home?

Do what every small town kid does! Whine about how "once you leave this town you're never coming back," or how "you need to get out of *insert small town name here*."

Suck it up and low-key love the small town you live in.