Living For The Now

Living For The Now

Walking with God moment-by-moment.

10
Living For The Now
Morgan Stark

Too often I get caught up thinking about my next great event I have to look forward to like a vacation or summertime. I daydream a lot about what God’s will for my future is and tend to focus less on where I am right now. It’s great to get excited for the future but I know for me that can distract from where I’m at now.

In David Platt’s book Follow Me he says “The goal of the disciple of Jesus, then, is not to answer the question ‘What is God’s will for my life?’ The goal, instead, is to walk in God’s will on a moment-by-moment, day-by-day basis.”Preach David. Our generation isn’t very good at living life on a moment-by-moment basis because we get so anxious about the future. But Jesus reassures us and says,“Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble” (Matthew 6:34). Try not to get so caught up in the future and savor today. This is challenging for me because school can be challenging and a drag sometimes, but God is gently reminding me to walk with Him moment-by-moment.