Living With Crushing Anxiety in College

Living With Crushing Anxiety in College

You help me find my silence, and for that I will always love you.

42
Living With Crushing Anxiety in College
If You Get Marijuana Induced Anxiety You Need To Watch This

Not a lot of people understand what it’s like to have anxiety that limits the ability to socialize and enjoy spending time with friends and even family. Most do not understand that exact moment that every anxious person can feel, where they realized that they are done. They don’t know the pain of having to put on a smile and keep going even though they feel emotionally drained, nor do people understand that some people take more energy than others. It seems rude to be only able to hang out with someone for an hour but can turn around and hang with someone for 15 hours. Living on campus people don’t get that getting out of bed is a feet because now you have to go sit in a room with maybe 21 people, who sometimes are basically strangers. You have to sit there and listen and drain your social battery and then have to go sit in a room full of at least 100 people, to just eat ,and then go and be expected to hang out at night. People do not understand the horrible reality of on a Saturday, ignoring every text and call, ignoring food and showering, basic needs just so for once you can sit there in silence and enjoy the basic feeling of not being wanted or needed to do anything. People can’t grasp that when they ask, “Do you know this person?” The answer will always almost be no. Even when your campus has less than 2,000 students. Everyone knows everyone, but you can't bring yourself to know everyone, because in 20 people is sometimes knowing too many. You can’t have a lot of friends, especially in different friend groups because then that is just too much of a hassle, trying to balance your social life, your mental health, and gades. There is a solution though, it is easy to do. You find your social clutch, some people know these people as best friends.That one person you can latch onto and know you will be alright because you are with them, they can leave with you so you won't feel rude for having to go early, they’ll eat with you at lunch because you can’t sit alone in a room filled with people by yourself, they’ll even order your food because speaking is just too much one day. For one moment, with them, everything is calm for once. Having anxiety is like if you took an orchestra and every instrument was playing a different song. Though for once, when you're with them that orchestra can finally settle down down and the noise isn’t a cacophony of noise.