Love God, Love People

Love God, Love People

But do we really?

100
Love God, Love People
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/09/26/636420384898698575-663936137_6970B5FB-A158-4984-9C28-A18699CC1144.png

Love God, love people. It's a common phrase. There are many different momvements that use this phrase. But how many people actually live it day to day? Most people go about their lives thinking of themselves only and only living by "love God love people" when it is convientant for them. But that is not how we were called to live.

Don't get me wrong, I was that person once. I claimed to be a Christian and said I loved God, but my life did not reflect that. To the world I was a party girl who did not care about anything other than herself and having "a good time." I was selfish, judgemental, and the perfect example of livng up to the worlds standrards rather than the word/God's standards. Then, one day I told myself that enough is enough. I tried to change, but there was always something holding me back. It was like I didn't know how to live for God anymore because I was so consumed with the life I had been living for so long. Then one day, as many of you have seen in previous articles, I was invited to The Block. And ever since that day I have changed.

Now that I have allowed myself to truly love and trust God, I have been able to reflect that in the way I live. The bible says in Matthew 22:37-39, Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’" WE ARE LITERALLY ON THIS EARTH TO SHARE THE LOVE!!! We are suppose to strive to be Christ-like. No, we are not perfect like He was. We are going to make mistakes. But that does not mean we can't try!

My goal in life is to show everyone the love of Jesus. Show compassion in every sitution. Do my best not to judge or critzise.

We live in a cruel world. Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death for 15 to 24-year-olds and 2nd for 24 to 35-year-olds. On average, 1 person commits suicide every 16.2 minutes. These people lacked love. There are so many people walking around feeling like the world is against them and that they are not loved. It is our job to wrap our arms around them and make sure they know not only are they loved by us, but they are loved by the Almighty. King of Kings. Creator of the universe.

God craves an intimate realtionhip with each and every one of us. When I use to think about God, I did not see it that way. I knew of God and I knew He was good, but I never understood who He was. In a book called Uninvited it says , "God is good. God is good to me. God is good at being God. And today is yet another page in our great love story." And it is then, when we realize how much our heavenly Father LOVES us, we will be able to love God and love people, fully.

"Imagine how differently you might approach each day by simply stating: God is good. God is good to me. God is good at being God. And today is yet another page in our great love story. Nothing that happens to you today will change that or even alter it in the slightest way. Lift your hands, heart, and soul, and receive that truth as you pray this prayer: My whole life I’ve searched for a love to satisfy the deepest longings within me to be known, treasured, and wholly accepted. When You created me, Lord, Your very first thought of me made Your heart explode with a love that set You in pursuit of me. Your love for me was so great that You, the God of the whole universe, went on a personal quest to woo me, adore me, and finally grab hold of me with the whisper, “I will never let you go.” Lord, I release my grip on all the things I was holding on to, preventing me from returning Your passionate embrace. I want nothing to hold me but You. So, with breathless wonder, I give You all my faith, all my hope, and all my love. I picture myself carrying the old, torn-out boards that inadequately propped me up and placing them in a pile. This pile contains other things I can remove from me now that my new intimacy-based identity is established. I lay down my need to understand why things happen the way they do. I lay down my fears about others walking away and taking their love with them. I lay down my desire to prove my worth. I lay down my resistance to fully trust Your thoughts, Your ways, and Your plans, Lord. I lay down being so self-consumed in an attempt to protect myself. I lay down my anger, unforgiveness, and stubborn ways that beg me to build walls when I sense hints of rejection. I lay all these things down with my broken boards and ask that Your holy fire consume them until they become weightless ashes. And as I walk away, my soul feels safe. Held. And truly free to finally be me.”
― Lysa TerKeurst, Uninvited: Living Loved When You Feel Less Than, Left Out, and Lonely