To My Little Sister

To My Little Sister

Please stop growing up so fast!

28
To My Little Sister
Caitlyn Morral

For whatever reason, time insists on continuing to go by as quickly as possible. It's exciting to watch you grow up, but it's also sad to think that my little sister isn't so little anymore. Thinking about how much time has passed since we shared a small bedroom at 7 years old and 3 years old has made me want to tell you just how much you mean to me. Nobody really knows what it's like to have a best friend unless they have a sister. I love being able to watch out for you and make sure that you're okay, because it kills me to see you upset or troubled. Never forget that I'm always going to be here and I'm not going anywhere any time soon.

As much as I want you to stay the same as you were when you were much younger, I'm also so very proud of everything that you are. Even when you might not think so, you're the most beautiful person inside and out. Even on my worst days when I'm nowhere near you, you find a way to make everything just a little bit better. I don't think that words are enough to truly let you know just how much I appreciate every little thing that you do.

You're remarkably sassy for a girl who has a tendency to act shy around other people. I'm happy that I'm lucky enough to know that, in reality, you're the farthest thing from shy. You've never ceased to make me laugh when we were really little and I'm relieved that that's one thing that has stayed the same.

Wherever you go in life, you're going to be beyond successful. There might be times when you're going to feel alone -- but you always have me. If I'm not close by, I'm always a phone call or a drive away.

With all of this being said, if you ever come up with a way to stop growing up for a while, I would greatly appreciate it. Just know that I'm never not going to be incredibly proud of you. I love you!