An Open Letter To My Little Sister Who Is Also My Role Model

Not only are you one of my biggest role models, you are my best friend.

400
Cassie Nichols

Dear Sis,

It isn’t said enough how much I admire you. It’s hard being the big sister at times. I put a lot of pressure on myself to be the perfect role model. I’ve had my ups and downs, and I hope you have learned from some of my mistakes. The truth is, though, you’re one of my biggest role models. Remember that we are all human. Perfection isn’t attainable, and there's no need for it to be. I see so much potential in you, and I hope you see the same potential in yourself. Never stop chasing your dreams.

I know high school can be tough, but it teaches you valuable life lessons. What you take away from these lessons will mold and shape you into who you are. Remember to keep your morals in mind and don’t feel pressured to do something just because it’s “cool” at the time, because believe it or not, high school is not the end game.

I admire your sense of compassion and love for others. You are always the first to go out of your way to help someone else and put their needs before your own. I see this first-hand at home and through the time you put in at school, assisting those with a disability.

Your work ethic is unparalleled in everything you do. I have never seen you not giving 110%, whether it is in the classroom, on a sports team, or any other challenge that comes your way. Your dedication to the people and events that mean the most to you is inspiring.

When things don’t go your way, you have started handling yourself with grace and maturity, and I couldn't be prouder. I know life gets frustrating at times, but I want you to know that at 14-years-old (and even 20, like me), you won’t have all the answers to life. Just keep your head high, be humble, and always put forward your best effort.

Although I am off at college, I want you to know you can always to talk to me. I love hearing about your life and am only a phone call away. Thank you for being my best friend and an inspiration to me. I’m so proud of who you are and what you are becoming. I know that you are growing into an exceptional young lady and I am so blessed to be able to call you my little sister.

Love always

Big Sis