An Open Letter to my Little Brother

An Open Letter to my Little Brother

No matter how tall you tower over me, you will always be my little brother.

1908
An Open Letter to my Little Brother
Picture Perfect

My life changed for the better the day you were born. When I first held you at the hospital, little did I know that I was welcoming my best friend into the world.

Ask any of my friends; I talk about you often. My greatest childhood memories are of you by my side. You taught me more than I realize, and I can only hope that I taught you something along the way.

We are so different, yet so alike. People wonder how we even came from the same parents because our personalities are so opposite.

We bond over the silliest things. I can completely be myself when I am with you because you get me in ways that no one else can. You know how to get under my skin more than anyone else, but you also know how to make me laugh more than anyone can. Thanks for keeping me laughing and guessing what you will do next.

When you were born, I not only gained an ally; I gained my best friend. You are my baby brother, my 3-legged race partner, my backseat buddy, and my shotgun rider. The list could go on and on.

I love how we can communicate without words, and laugh at what no other person thinks is funny. We have inside jokes for days. We speak a secret language as siblings that no one else can understand. Our bond runs much deeper than our last name or blood type. We share a home, a sense of humor, a million memories, and so much more.

No matter how tall you tower over me, you will always be my little brother. When you are grown and have kids of your own, I will always see you as the little boy with a pirate hat on and a BB gun in hand.

As your big sister, I will always root for you and I will forever be on your side. I may be biased, but you are the smartest and funniest person that I know. I cannot wait to see how God continues to use you.

To have a sibling is to have a lifelong friend, and I cannot think of anyone I would rather have beside you. Know that I will always be here for you.

Our relationship is special because it is ours. You are my brother and I will always cherish our bond that cannot be broken.

Because you are my brother, I know I will always have a friend. Because you are my brother, I am made better.

With more love than you could know,

Your Big Sister and Best Friend

P.S. I also know that you are probably rolling your eyes right now at my mushiness.