I Am Literally The Most Basic Girl Ever And That’s OK

Liking the same style as others does not take away from your uniqueness.

52
Starbucks Newsroom

When the temperature drops below 70 degrees, I look around the Quad on Alabama’s campus and see a basic style worn by many girls. The five things to look for to signify a basic style are UGG boots, leggings, oversized gameday T-shirts, red Starbucks cups, and the Kendra Scott’s ‘Elisa’ pendant necklace.

I own all five of these items and I am proud to be a part of the basic population.

Why these particular five items? UGG boots are sure to keep your toes toasty in the chilly weather. Leggings do the best they can to warm you up while also showing off your hard work from leg day. Oversized game day T-shirts keep the spirit of the football season alive year round. Grab a hot coffee or tea from "Starbs" during their artsy red holiday cup campaign because your insides need as much warming up as your outsides. Dress up your outfit to class with a little sparkle from Kendra’s ‘Elise’ pendant necklace.

These five items are essential for any cold day that you might need to post about on Instagram.

Not just anyone follows the basic trend. I believe there are two types of basic girls that wear these five things. The first type being the girls that accumulate the basic items as they grow in popularity because they find the items attractive. The second type being the girls that buy all the basic items all at once to fit into the basic culture.

Whether you find yourself aligning with basic type one or two, you still belong to the basic family that sweeps across college campuses. You will never have to worry about being judged on your outfit choice in the basic family because you will usually be wearing the same thing as someone else, just in different color schemes.

If you find yourself relating to this basic lifestyle, be proud of your basic tendencies! As long as you are wearing what you like, it does not matter what anyone else thinks of you.