From The Girl Who Listened To Lana Del Rey For Five Months Straight
Celebrities

I'm The Girl Who Listened To Lana Del Rey For Five Months Straight

“Diet Mountain Dew, baby New York City...”

505
Lana Del Rey

I've been listening to Lana Del Rey since 2012. Most people believe Summertime Sadness was her first song ever, but it wasn't. Truth is, Lana Del Rey's real name is Elizabeth (Lizzy) Grant. She started recording music in 2005. Her debut album was similar to her first international-released album. It was clear through her music, however, that she had had a strange life while living in New York City.

Lana Del Rey has been called many names, including very negative names. People have accused her of being a terrible singer and songwriter, but over the years, Del Rey has really grown and become a successful woman in the music industry.

I once only listened to her music for five months straight. The melancholy tones and sultriness in her voice have made me feel more confident and free. I've listened to her for many reasons.

If I'm depressed or lonely, I'll listen to Pretty When You Cry. When I'm angry, I'll listen to Diet Mountain Dew. When I'm feeling on top of the world, I listen to Ride. When I'm happy to be in love, I listen to Lucky Ones. When I'm feeling sexy, I'll listen to Freak.

There's literally a song for every emotion, but most believe her music is too sad, my husband included.

I've always been a very emotional person, anyone who knows me would agree that I can be melodramatic, but I don't think that's a bad thing. I believe it's important to show your emotions, whether you're happy or depressed or angry. That's why I listen to Lana Del Rey and support her and her music. She's a talented woman; her voice is unlike any other I've ever heard, and her lyrics are powerful, sensual, and intense.

At a young age, Del Rey dealt with alcoholism and says a lot of the inspiration for her album "Born to Die" came from that moment in her life. She struggled with alcohol, as it was something she believed was cool and dangerous to do as a teenager. It turned into more than just a casual swig or getting drunk on a Friday night. She began to overdo it and she and her parents were worried it would be her undoing. She ultimately overcame her alcoholism and has been sober since 2004.

Lana Del Rey, when she was Lizzy Grant, lived in Long Island with her aunt and uncle after high school. She decided to become a waitress instead of going to a prestigious college. Then she moved to Brooklyn where she began to perform in clubs for other performers. She felt it was more for fun than anything else, but it wasn't a plan to get into the music business at the time.

While living in Brooklyn, she decided to study Philosophy and focus on metaphysics at age 19. During this time, she found people like herself.

After volunteering on a Native American reservation, she knew she wanted to make a decision. She learned to play the guitar during this time and realized she had this deep desire to "write a million songs using these six chords." This is where it began for her and she ultimately released a music video called Video Games in 2011 and it launched her career.

Lana Del Rey has just finished her sixth album, titled "Norman F*****g Rockwell" and it's said to be released later this year. I'm excited to hear more from her because I feel like I've often felt alone and trapped, but her music has given me a reason to believe I can be free. She's released three singles from her new album and they've become popular very quickly. "Mariner's Apartment Complex," "Venice Bitch," and "Hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have" have given the fans a taste of what the music in her next will be and we're anticipating the new release.

From Your Site Articles