9 Songs With Perfect Transitions

9 Songs With Perfect Transitions

The best thing that has happened for bands

4181
9 Songs With Perfect Transitions
Sum41

In music, there are always bands that have those little 50 to 60 second songs and you are like, "Why the heck is it on their album?" It is not to fill up space on their album list, but it is for either giving the listener a break or to transition into the next song without the listener not even recognizing it is a new song. Bands trick everyone by doing this as the listener prepares for the next song. I am Joe and here are nine songs in bands with perfect transitions between songs.

9. Bad Case of Big Mouth

Okay, I know this one is not any song in particular, but what about an entire album. Yes from their 2014 album Straight Up Bad Luck each song on the album transitions into the next song with fluency that you would think it is an entire mashup of songs. But that is wrong as it is all of their songs from the album moving forward right into the next song. So the album has 10 songs, this means Bad Case of Big Mouth has somehow gotten 10 songs done that motions into the next one with so much consistency it became an album. If you have not heard of this album then go on Apple music or Spotify and hear the entire album to believe me on the transitioning in the songs.

8. Pain - Of Mice & Men

Fresh from their new album Cold War comes a kind of perfect transition from - and Pain. Throughout -, the listeners can only hear instrumentals as some may think it is the ending of the album as it is only pulse beats, thunderstorm noises, and the ending of the echo of guitar riffs playing. Little people know that ending with the echo guitar riffs would be the beginning to their next song Pain. The reason this is first because the ending of - has the swoosh out noise before Pain starts, but it is still a good transition from one song to the next song on the album.

7. Never Alone/Death's Hand - The Amity Affliction

This next transition perfection comes from the Australia metal band The Amity Affliction. For those who do not know The Amity Affliction, they are a metal band which their songs talk about the hard times in life and with everything from suicide to depression to alcoholism to drugs to anything darker than that. The reason they make the list because if you listen all the way to the end of Never Alone, there is a voice recording left on the answer machine which is Joel's (The Amity Afflictions screamer) actual message to a friend when he was battling through depression and suicide. Towards the end of the message, you can hear an echo lift of a guitar and you think the imaginable happened until you hear Joel scream and the song kicks in to overdrive. That is beginning to Death's Hand that just occurred. The Amity Affliction has done this so much that you might see them again on the list.

6. Hallow/Twenty One- Wage War

From their debut album Blueprints comes the upcoming big band Wage War from Ocala, Florida. When you listen to Hallow which is the first song on their album, you can hear the screaming and everything and by the time the ending comes up there is a .1 second rest before the next song kicks in. That song is called Twenty-One which Hallow is designated to let the listener to hear the sample of them to see if you like their song. Even before you can react after the echoes the guitar riff kicks in and Briton screams that is the beginning of Twenty One. So if you have a chance to listen to their album just listen to the ending of Hallow and see how quick it takes for Twenty One to kick in.

5. City of Ocala/ Right Back At it Again - A Day to Remember

From their 2013 album Common Courtesy come A Day to Remember on the list. So I do not know how many people listen to them, but if you do listen to City of Ocala and hear it transition into Right Back At It Again as it is so fluent that you would not notice until after Jeremy sings the first few lyrics of Right Back At It Again. If you hear the guitar riffs at the end of City of Ocala, those same exact guitar riffs are played in the beginning of Right Back At It Again. One has to wonder if they stroked out or something as it is too perfectly fluent to stop to catch it in the midst of the transition. From listening to this album so often it is easy to point it out of the song change, but if you have not heard the album before then you might be checking your phone multiple times to see if the next song is playing or if it is still the first song playing. This is why A Day to Remember is in the top five on this list.

4. O.M.G.I.M.Y/ All Fucked Up - The Amity Affliction

I said that The Amity Affliction would be back on this list which is sitting pretty at number four. These songs come off of their new 2016 album This Could Be Heartbreak. The first song is called O.M.G.I.M.Y which stands for Oh My God I Miss You, and the song began like any other Amity Affliction sad song as it talks about a friend who disappeared from life and everyone misses that person. Towards the end of the song when it is over, once again there is the voice message left by leader vocalist Joel Birch during his darkest days. The end of the voice message ends with "We are all fucked up" then the next song began. When All Fucked Up begins it is Ahren who's singing the entire song with Joel doing backing scream echo. Towards the end of the song, the lyrics "Will you save my life, or just say goodbye" hits hard as the choir kids, Ahren and then at the end Joel says it as it is the ending of a heartbreak song. That's why The Amity Affliction makes it one twice as the transition is so fluent that everyone would be thrown off by the transition.

3. Intro/ Rise Up - Secrets

Now back to America, this next one comes from a band called Secrets. No they do not have secrets or do they (insert horrible meme or pun). This comes from their 2015 album Everything That Got Us Here, and they did achieve a headliner tour with the same name, comes the Intro and Rise Up. From Intro is a 33-second beginning that Rich (lead vocalist) begins saying "This goes out to my friends" and this was referring to the chorus in Rise Up. Then when Intro ended, you hear the beginning of Rise Up and once the guitar kicks in comes a song that involves jumping, if seeing the song live. Once Rise Up kicks in, people won't know that the song began until Rich begins to sing. The beauty is in the music video, the screamer, Wade, also plays guitar for the song while doing backing vocals. Seems like a match there, a screamer who can also play guitar and do back up vocals and also has own part in the song. The latest from Secrets after Warped Tour is that right now they're on tour with Ice Nine Kills, Sylar, Cover Your Tracks, and Out Came The Wolves as a part of the Hell in the Hallways tour. With these two songs, one can realize that the songs changed but the fluent transition is too good to even notice.

2. Fourtythirtytwo/ Blood Brothers - Oceans Ate Alaska

Off to Great Britain, or England, or the United Kingdom, for the next band on the list. The band is called Oceans Ate Alaska, which are a primary metal and heavy metal band from the UK. These songs on the list come from their 2015 album Lost Isles. The reason is that Fourtythirtytwo is first then transitions is because the entire song is their intro song which has heavy guitar riffs, heavy percussion drumming and a bass that mixes in with the heavy guitar. But from the previous entry, the intro transitioned perfectly into their song Blood Brothers which begins with heavy drums blasting off and their lead singer James kick in the screaming fro the song. Throughout the Blood Brothers song is just all screaming which is insane. James can also be a sweet mellow person with his voice as well (listen to the bridge in Floorboards) as being a devil with his vocal pitch. I saw this transition love back in March when they were with Chelsea Grin and it even threw me off as it was unexpected to see the transition happen with ease, just gave me a well crap got real moment. So listen to the song from their album and see if this transition is crazy and unexpected.

1. Introduction to Destruction/ Nothing on My Back - Sum 41

Finally, the last entry of the list with a throwback to 2000-2001 with Sum 41. This comes from their 2001 album All Killer, No Filler. Well by now it is a classic so everyone should of heard of these songs, but if not I will gladly explain why it is number one on the list. The first song called Introduction to Destruction which the song is an intro song that just has an announcer saying "And guide you through this final year, The dark armies then will come, When the sum is 41." There is more to it, but paraphrasing helps for the song lyrics. But once the intro is over it goes into Nothing on My Back in seconds from the announcer notifying the listener to what they will be listening today. Nothing on My Back begins with an alternative style guitar riff and the drums kick in then the song officially begins as there is no more announcer making announcements anymore. Wish I could give more, but sadly I cannot so check it out on Spotify or Apple Music to hear a perfect transition with no problems of delays.

So... If you want to leave a comment of any other songs that I may of forgotten that has a perfect transition. Thank you for reading and continue to be yourselves and rock on.