10 Small Indie Bands You NEED To Know About

A must-see list of smaller indie artists if you're sick of mainstream radio.
963

Need some new music? Want to listen to more underground indie music that normally doesn't get played on the radio? Here are some of my current favorite smaller bands to add to your playlists!

1. Portugal. The Man

Some songs I would suggest listening to from their newest album titled "Woodstock," are "Feel It Still" and "Rich Friends." Some more awesome songs from them from their past albums include "Purple Yellow Red and Blue" and "Modern Jesus."

2. POWERS

You have to check out this bands newest release titled "Closer." One song you might recognize would be "Beat of My Drum."

3. Arkells

This is one band I can say knows how to put on an awesome live show! Some "must-hears" from these guys would be "Leather Jacket," "Private School" and "Savannah."

4. Hop Along

Check out my favorites tracks "The Knock," and "Tibetan Pop Stars."

5. Moon Taxi

You can't go wrong with any moon taxi song. Make sure you check out their live and unplugged album. Also- don't miss their newest release "Two High."

6. COIN

Coin was my first small/intimate, type of show! Listen to their newest album "How Will You Know If You Never Try." Some of favs from their past work is "Time Machine" and "Run."

7. Cobi

Beautiful hair and beautiful music. Check out "Don't You Cry For Me," and "Prophet Story."

8. DREAMERS

One of their most played songs is "Sweet Disaster." Another one of my favorites is "DRUGS."

9. Hello Luna

Had the pleasure of interviewing these to at Bunbury! What an awesome experience! Take a listen to "Sound & Sorrow" and "Ghost of You"

10. Geowulf

Roll the windows down and play "Saltwater" you won't regret it!

1. Portugal. The Man

2. POWERS

3. Arkells

4. Hop Along

5. Moon Taxi

6. COIN

7. Cobi

8. DREAMERS

9. Hello Luna

10. Geowulf