An A To Z List Of The Things I Love, And You Should Too

There's nothing wrong with taking a day, relaxing, and realizing what matters most to look back on when days are bleak.
2858

In today's society, it's very hard to keep track of the important objects in one's life. I took a different perspective of the objects that mean the most to me in life: relationships, events, and more.

Here is my A to Z list of things I love, and you should too.

A - Acceptance

Acceptance is one of the most important personality traits a person can have. Whether it's with something as big as moving to a new town and attending a new school or something as small as trying a new food. Acceptance of change is key to a better life.

B - Bravery

The word bravery speaks for itself. Life is nothing without getting out there and taking those big risks. Being brave enough to accept that new job (see what I did there?), brave enough to stand up for yourself and chase after what you want in your life, brave enough to say 'no.' Bravery is everything.

C - Companionship

There are not many things in life that are more important than companionship. Life is tough, grueling, and even unbearable at times, but I wouldn't be where I am or who I am today without my companions who love me. And I sure wouldn't be having much fun without them.

D - Dedication

Having dedication to something you care immensely about speaks alone. I believe having a better and improved life isn't possible without having dedication. If you care about something, you need to be dedicated to it — whether it is your education, your family and friends, your religious standards, or your sports, and so much more.

E - Excitement

What is life without excitement? One of the easiest tasks to do during the day is to find something to be excited about. You can be excited about almost anything — how blue the sky is, how dark the sky is, your weekend plans, or that we're one day closer to the hot sun in summertime. Finding excitement in your day is not hard whatsoever, and you feel so good with some of it in your daily life!

F - Faithfulness

Faithfulness is one of the most important aspects of a relationship. A sound relationship is built on faith — whether it's religious-based or just plain faith in your partner. If your relationship isn't surrounded by faithfulness, get out of it ASAP.

G - Growth

One of the happiest aspects of life is that each and every day we're growing. Some individuals have been through awful experiences throughout their lives, but even with the tragedy, they've grown and they've learned. Learn to love growth — it makes us human.

H - Hope

"Faith, hope, and love are some good things He gave us" — Alan Jackson

I've seen tragedy upfront. I've witnessed and lived through heartbreak, terror, and awful experiences. I got through these events with a whole lot of hope. Hope is an astounding thing to believe in. I've seen miracles occur due to the power of hope and prayer. Hope is beautiful and needs to be appreciated.

I - Integrity

Having strong moral principles in one's life helps more than believed. Having the integrity to move on after heartbreaking experiences, having the integrity to finish what you've started — no matter how hard the road ahead will become. Integrity is an important personality trait to have and is cherished and appreciated by so many.

J - Joy

Not only is joy a key aspect in life, but it also heals. It is important to find joy in even the saddest of events. Maybe it's the passing of a beloved family member, where everything feels dark and sad, but the joyful part of it is that this member of your family is in the most beautiful place. No pain, no tears, no heartbreak. They have the best seat in the house. Maybe it's losing your job, but the joy of this is that the chance to start over is here! Finding joy in life is sometimes one of the hardest things to accomplish, but use this list to find positives.

K - Knowledge

Knowledge is everything. Knowledge is realizing what school is the best for you during your senior year of high school. Knowledge is knowing what your mother's favorite kind of flower is and knowing your father's favorite bands. Knowledge is knowing what will make your life the best you can make it and what it takes to get there. Knowledge is powerful.

L - Laughing

Having the ability to laugh is one of my favorite things. Laughing is such an important part of life — it brings happiness to not only yourself, but also to the others around you. Laughing is a gift and one that should be used every day. Laugh at yourself, laugh at your best friend, laugh at your dog... just laugh.

M - Mindset

The ability to change your mindset from negative to positive leaves a huge impact on everyone around. Taking the negative parts of life — whatever they may be — and finding the goodness within it. Having a good mindset is wonderful and a very important quality to have.

N - Neatness

I absolutely LOVE neatness. There are so many feelings to be felt when you have space that is neat, organized, and calm. Having these rooms to go study in, sit peacefully in, and think in is a wonderful feeling.

O - Open Hearts

Another very important part of a relationship is being completely open and honest, regardless of what may happen. Having an open heart with the one you love and cherish means the world to not only them, but also to you, as they exchange and do the same.

P - Patience

Patience is a virtue. Learn to love having patience and love individuals being patient with you. Although there's always room for improvement in today's society, without patience, this place would be a disaster. Patience is a part of everyday life. Accept it and grow with it.

Q - Quietness

If you're anything like me, you love to have 'me time.' Having time by yourself improves your mental health, as it is letting your brain relax and slow down. But although being alone and in the silence is mostly loved, be careful. Being alone with your thoughts on a bad day is not recommended. Fill your days with love, laughter, and kindness. Especially to yourself.

R - Resilience

Mental toughness is a beautiful thing. I love being a resilient individual, as well as loving others who are. There is simple beauty in the fact that one can mentally recover quickly and has the strength to keep going when times are tough.

S - Self-Kindness

Being kind to yourself is truly one of the most important traits a human being can have. There is not a bigger bully in this world than oneself. We see our faults and our imperfections. We see and feel the parts no one knows about. But being kind to yourself will eliminate those imperfections by a mile. Each day, one must wake up confident and ready to seize the day, while internally reminding yourself that you are a beautiful individual with loads to love yourself for.

T - Trust

Ah, trust. The foundation of all relationships. There isn't a relationship on this planet that begins without trust — friendships, parent-child relationships, romantic relations, work-related relationships, and so much more. Trust is beautiful thing — one that needs to be earned. I love that and you should too.

U - Understanding

Understanding someone and what they're going through is a principle of life. The phrase "put yourself in their shoes" has always been my go-to. Not only that, but to understand life itself is an intense feeling. Do you think we're born to live, and then die? Or do you believe that you have a purpose to be here today? Regardless of what you believe, you understand your belief. Understanding yourself is one of the best things you could do for you.

V - Values

What is life without values? The greatest part is that there are billions of people on this planet, and each and every person has their own values. Some are shared, some are ignored, some are loved. Values are extremely important and are a big part of what makes us human. I love what I value, as it keeps me in line. I believe what I do for a reason, and I cherish that. Take your values by the hand and soar with them.

W - Wisdom

Wisdom is key. The first trait I notice in a partner is their wisdom. Are they book smart? Are they street smart? Or are they both? I believe struggles are presented in order to gain wisdom from said struggle. Wisdom is gained in the classroom, of course, but I love the fact that I can learn so much more by experience.

X - X Factor

Definition: noteworthy special talent or quality.

Every person has their own special quality — whether it's playing a musical instrument, debate team, a sport of any type, robotics team, being a parent, being a child, being an artist, or just being yourself. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being who you were made to be. You are perfect the way you are, and as cheesy as that sounds, it's accurate. Every one is special in their own way and I adore that.

Y - Youthfulness

Life is extremely fun when you take a second and enjoy where you are. Whether you're 8, 26, or 87, everyone has a youthful side to them. It doesn't matter what stage of life you're in — you always have the option of viewing life as a fun adventure. Start today and cherish each second you have by being youthful!

Z - Zest

Having energy and enthusiasm for what you're doing changes everything. If you don't have a passion for what you do, you shouldn't be doing it. You need to have zest in life; otherwise, you'll never be completely happy. Life is a crazy adventure, filled with unexpected bumps and bruises, but the journey is incredible. It would be unfortunate if one missed out on the view because they didn't have the enthusiasm to get there.

This is my A to Z list of things I love, and you really should too.