5 Drinks You're Going To Want This Summer

Suggestions for the thirsty reader

26

For any season and time of year there are a myriad of beverages to sample. When asked "what do you want to drink" the possibilities are endless! They range from soda and water to the more adventurous drink. Here are some of my top picks and why I tend to go for them.

Number 1: Any type of soda

This can be the simplest one on the list, barring the next one. The reason why this drink will never get old is because of the choices and different tastes. There's the classic Coke or Pepsi for those of a standard palate. Then there is something a little more outside the box like IBC Cream Soda-- a personal favorite of mine. Something about the taste of vanilla and cream with some fizz just sounds wonderful on a hot summer day.

Number 2: Water--duh

This one should be a no brainer, but it's amazing how many people forget this one. This is essential due to the amount of water that the body looses from sweating and then some never replenish their stock. The body needs the water so remember to hydrate during the long, hot days.

Number 3: Stella Rosa wine

This one is more of a personal choice, but a highly recommended one. These wines border on being dessert wines, but they aren't painfully sweet. The rose` is sweetened with the light flavor of strawberries and other light berries. The red is a grape wine and it carries the hint of multiple berries and doesn't carry a lot of alcohol. Neither carries to much alcohol and both can serve as a refreshing taste after a good meal.

Number 4: Strawberry Daiquiris

This is a special one that really should serve as a dessert on its own. This frozen treat tastes like frozen strawberries after a long day. There's not much that can beat this taste and cool down it offers.

Number 5: Snapple

A simple juice equivalent that can satisfy any hardy thirst. The multiple flavors can quench any taste that comes looking for a cool down from the hot summer days.

These are just a few suggestions that I've found throughout the years. From personal experience and opinions of those close to me, this is a helpful list-- I hope-- of drinks to experience during the summer months and before school starts again in the fall.