I Wear Frilly Panties To Feel Good About ME, Not For My Partner

My mom bought me my first lingerie.

571
savagexfenty on Instagram

Lingerie doesn't have to be naughty. Or dirty. Or taboo. Instead, it can be used to empower women in all aspects of life, beginning with their beautiful bodies. #bodypositivity

I wear lace and silk in a range of colors—midnight black, raw red, periwinkle blue, snow white—to assure my personal ecstasy and empowerment, not that of any sexual or romantic partner's. I am a defier of society and won't do anything unless it benefits my personal development. Similarly, Rihanna, through the hardships of her life, has prospered into an influential artist who embraces being a woman and the consequential mastery.

"Women should be wearing lingerie for their damn selves... I can only hope to encourage confidence and strength by showing lingerie in another light" - Rihanna

Rihanna's
new inclusive SavageXFenty lingerie line speaks for the power of women of all sizes, shapes, and colors and as gorgeous, un-retouched models strut their stuff, points of love, strength, and happiness are divulged: "Savage is really about taking complete ownership of how you feel and the choices you make. Basically making sure everybody knows the ball is in your court. As women, we're looked at as the needy ones, the naggy ones, the ones who are going to be heartbroken in a relationship. Savage is just the reverse. And you know, guys don't like getting the cards flipped on them—ever."

The other day, a guy asked me what lingerie I like to wear. What colors bring out my eyes. What kind of material I like to lay around in. Obviously, he was trying to get me to be sexual with him, but it got me thinking about my fondness for negligee and similar undergarments. In the same manner that my cheeky bathing suit, short shorts, and low-cut tops elicit sensations of boldness, I flourish in my lingerie, which generates my confidence: I am sexy and I love feeling that way.

When I reached high school, my mom bought me my first lingerie as a way to introduce me to my newfound sexuality, feminity, and incoming confidence. She bought it and told me to wear it for me, not for someone else. My mother teaches me that good-spirits are provoked from within rather than outside sources, for instance, a boy's drool when he sees your womanly figure in erotic fashion, and when you wear clothes that you feel secure in, poise comes with ease.

All girls know the incredibly energizing feelings they get when their bra—whether it be a push-up, bralette, balconette, etc.—and panties—whether it be a thong/tanga, cheekster, hip-hugger, etc.—match. It's incredibly enticing and addicting.

"Never underestimate the power of good lingerie on a bad day" - Anonymous

Overall, I want to find love in my life; however, I don't need it to feel glee, courage, and self-assurance. I'm independent, strong, and happy with my self, my body, and my lingerie. I'm whole and that's what is necessary before finding my "one and only."

"Life is too short to wear boring underwear," so I'm going to rock my lingerie as I become the boss I strive to be" - Anonymous