Limits and Racism
Politics

Limits and Racism

Racism must have a limit

223
Limits and Racism
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/01/25/636524454012503205-1647378365_Racismo.jpg

In my Pre-Calculus class, our first unit was "Limits". What is a limit? A limit is a function which a certain value approaches. Here are some examples:

Let f(x) = x. As x approaches to 1, x = 1 which means f(x) = 1.

Let f(x) = x + 1. As x approaches to 1, x = 2 because x is approaching to 1 which means x will eventually be 1. So 1+1 = 2. Thus, f(x) = 2

Okay here's what gets tough.

Let f(x) = 1/x. As x approaches to infinity, what is f(x)? As x value gets bigger and bigger, the f(x) value gets smaller and smaller because it's 1/x. Therefore, f(x) = 0.

Let f(x) = x. As x approaches to infinity, what is f(x)? The f(x) will not have a definite answer because as x gets bigger and bigger, f(x) gets bigger and bigger and will not stop because x approaches to infinity. Therefore, f(x) = Limit Does Not Exist.

Same thing as the last question with a twist. Let's say f(x) is racism level and x is time. As time approaches infinity, racism will have no limits. In other words, as time progresses, racism continues to rise to a point where chaos is created.

Our country is in self-destruct mode. Look where we are, racism is everywhere and it's rising. We have experienced the Civil Rights Movement where black people fought against constantly being treated as second class. Look at the Air Force Academy Prep School incident where unknown cadets wrote racial slurs on black dorms. How about Charlottesville? What happened there? Racial violence from white supremacists, neo-nazism, and alt-right groups. We have multiple vindications of hate crime against black people. We have police brutality against black people. Today, there are more hate crimes, more racial slurs, and more racial violence.

We need to limit racism. How? By showing love. John 13:34- "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another." We need to start loving and stop hating on minorities. Use love as an equation against racism.

Instead of as x approaches to infinity f(x) = x, f(x) should be 1/x. All we have to do is write it out. How to write this equation? Go out there and show love towards the minority.