Like The Leaves Change In Fall...

Like The Leaves Change In Fall...

"You came and changed the seasons."

19
Like The Leaves Change In Fall...
WallPaperCave.com

You walked into my life touching it like the first specks of color that explodes on the leaves in fall. With each passing day, I erupted with the different shades you brought out from me. I changed yellow from the joy your smile brought me, I turned orange from the constant laughter you created. I even became a deep red from the sweet words you showered me with.

But the colors of fall end just as quickly as they begin, the leaves turn brown, shrivel, and die. You never smiled anymore, so I lost my yellow. You found no need to laugh anymore, so the orange faded away. And when your words became dull and toxic, my beautiful deep red transformed into a lifeless brown. My leaves all fell, and were raked away to be burned.

Before you came and ignited my life, I was a healthy green. And now, I have nothing to show of myself. You came and changed the seasons. You showed me the beauty of life and then allowed it to all fall away.

My array of colors did not captivate you, for you were not interested once they were fully radiating. You only wanted the chance to change the seasons. You only wanted to prove you had the power to bring out those beautiful colors within me. Once I was transformed, there was nothing left for you to change. So you left, and took all that you had created with you.

Now that I am left with nothing on my branches, I look like I am empty and decayed. I will stay this way for some time, but the best part about life is that my leaves will grow back. I will be healthier and stronger than I have ever been. And I will no longer think about the pain you caused, because I am alive in the spring.