Light Your Life

Light Your Life

We need to appreciate the little hope we have, it's a climbing step.

15
Light Your Life

“Where is my bright light?”

4 AM, New York: The light is surging through the high billboards,
Crawling through the bed comes a scrawny 65 year old.
“What’s for breakfast today?” he whispers as he picks out his daily oatmeal,
The “freedom” he is bestowed with, he negates as he works for his next meal.

The tired eyes murmur “Where is my bright light?”

4 AM, Syria: The light is surging through the dusky black cloud,
The mother is mourning over her dead son out loud.
All the pain, and hushes seem to intractable,
You say “All lives matter”, but today once again, they have become fractional.

The bleeding mouth murmurs “Where is my bright light?”

4 AM, Britain: The light is surging through the treaty paper creaks,
The big sister voted for Brexit when it was promised just to be a few tweaks.
Calm life, you said? Today, the realm was voted to be divisional by 52% of the state,
“NO! I WANT TO SEE MY BROTHER” yelped the sister’s regretting face.

The fearsome future murmurs “Where is my bright light?”

4 AM, Orlando: The light is surging through the ambulance sirens,
“Shot – Shot – Shot!” said the gay friend on his 21st when someone screamed “RUN!”
“Gay, huh?”, last few minutes of his life was full of self-criticism,
After a look back down the memory lane, he wondered all about human mechanism.

His last breathe murmured “Where is my bright light?”

4 AM, Bombay: The light is surging through sheds of the Chawl,
Little Imli packs her bag as she throws herself in a white rusty shawl.
No – no! She’s not heading to school – Traffic lights are the destination today,
It’s like the tears never left those eyes, begging is no child’s play.

The shattered dreams murmur “Where is my bright light?”

While the world might be a big circle, we all live in our own tiny corners,
I’m here – you are there, we are scattered like quarters.
Look up! This light brings us together every day, we start a new chapter every day,
Let’s us appreciate, and celebrate the light that is good from whatever lamp it shines.

Don’t say one more time, “Where is my bright light?”