A Light In The Day EP. 2

A Light In The Day EP. 2

EP. 2 of the WHY WORRY Series

17
Unsplash via OC Gonzalez

Welcome to "A Light In The Day!" Each week for three weeks, an episode featuring a different devotional will surround an overall theme that will wrap up on the third week.

EP. 2 - Forward

Last week, we discovered the most richness we can ever be fulfilled by is God Himself. Continuing in the new week of the second week in the WHY WORRY Series, we go forward.

"So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 ESV

I always revert back to a saying when I read about the momentary affliction. "Momentary can be used as momentum to move forward." Our afflictions (I.e. fear, anxiety, doubts, worries, loneliness, heartbreak, singleness) CAN be used to grow a deeper understanding of our Father's wholeness. We have the blissful free will to use our brokenness as a weakness to know His wholeness; to turn our WORRY into WORSHIP. But again, all easier said than done. We stay in places that feel most comfortable because we can SEE it. We fear to move forward to the uncomfortable; what we CAN'T see. And when we fear, we worry: we can often lose the joy in which Jesus has placed inside of us. When we lost that joy, we often feel heartbroken and lost. With that heartbreak, we will have two options. Move forward, or go back.

But, wouldn't the Father want you to move forward from what was not brought by Him so you won't feel heartbreak from worrying from fear?

A great example of this would be heartbreak.

Heartbreak often shows us what it's like to lose what we think can only bring us joy. Once we go through it, we often turn back into what we think could still be good or somewhat comfortable. We look back in panic and worry that we will never get back what we had; don't look back. I know you might feel a slight worry if you'll be able to replicate what you had. While I am not able to note if you will or won't, all I can tell you is there is a Father who can give YOU 10 times more; He has since His one and only Son was placed on a Cross to show us wholeness (true comfort) can only be found in the Cross.

"This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life." Psalm 119:50 ESV

"For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too." 2 Corinthians 1:5 ESV

As the imperfect yet perfectly created humans we are, we tend to stay where we're at because it's "comfortable" and "familiar." And we often are afraid to move out of that zone because we can't see what's ahead. It's physically impossible to actually go forward in time and ensure that it all turns of the good of yourself; that's where faith comes in. That's where our Father wants our utmost surrender; truly trust in Him and what we can't see (the eternal glory) knowing it will be for OUR good and HIS glory.

I pray right now that in this singular moment of time-Father-that those who read RELEASE to YOU what has been holding their hearts captive of absolute joy and peace that can only be brought by you. That they know MOMENTARY afflictions are MOMENTUM to go forward and chase after you; they turn their worry into worship.