Everyone has a under construction period, this is my story

It's Okay To Feel Like You're Under Construction

Being human isn't easy, yet I build myself for my breakthrough

101

We live in a state where construction is the most popular. From John Young Parkway to I4, you know you are in Florida when you see the orange cones! However, as I look at the construction being made, I concentrate on the foundation and the construction workers who are building a new business. Have you ever thought of a time, where you had an "Under Construction," phase? Before you answer, you're probably asking what does it mean to be Under Construction? Being Under Construction means that you are building yourself to become a better you. Under Construction is a period of time, where you are getting rid of the toxic things in your life and detoxing your flaws.

If there was ever a time that I was under construction has to be now. I am a college student at Valencia College. I represent Valencia through extracurricular activities. Because of this, I believed that I needed to be perfect. During the fall semester, I had my breaking point. I had a low GPA, and I was being to think people wouldn't look up to me. I realized that I had some spiritual work to do. As a believer, I prayed and read what God told me who I was.

I didn't have to be perfect, I just needed to do my best. I started my construction, by writing my thoughts in my journal. I prayed for peace and understanding. This was my "Under Construction" period. As I drive with my family, I see the orange cones and the construction workers building the foundation. I realized that reading the Bible, and praying was my foundation, and me doing my best in everything I do was my works. In the Bible, James 2:26 says, "Faith without works is dead." I realized that I had some work to do with my life, and till this day I still have work to do.

To anyone who has experienced, or experiencing this period of time, I applaud you for not giving up. I applaud you for pursuing what you want. One of my favorite quotes by Marianne Williamson says, "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." I read this quote, realizing that I am unstoppable. And to anyone who is reading this, enjoy being Under Construction, because the best of you come out during this time.