Life Lessons We Can Learn From 'Forrest Gump'

You never know what you're gonna get.

75

Just a couple months ago, it was the 21st anniversary of one of the most popular films in movie history and one of my personal favorites of all time. Tom Hanks earned an Oscar for best actor for playing a simple-minded and friendly southern man who lived more than an ordinary life. This particular man is known to everyone as Forrest Gump. The film, "Forrest Gump," is one of the most quoted movies of all of time, and the lessons that we learned from Forrest are some life lessons we all should keep in mind.

1. Find what makes you happy.

After becoming a 'gazillionaire' from his shrimp boating business, he still lived a simple life. Forrest loved to mow lawns for fun, because it was what made him happy. It's how you live your life, do what you want.

2. Don't be afraid to face things head on.

When it came to deaths, hard obstacles, and difficult choices, Forrest faced all those situations and still stayed strong. Life will always have its hardships, don't be afraid to face it.

3. Be a good friend to have a good friend.

Being loyal is what Forrest did for his friend, Bubba. After Bubba died in the Vietnam War *Spoiler Alert*, Forest followed Bubba's dream of becoming a shrimp boat captain. You never truly know who you will meet down the line, always be courteous and be kind.

4. Don't be afraid to tell the truth.

You never know if you are going to miss out on an opportunity if you don't go for it. Forrest did not fret on expressing his feelings for all those people that he cared deeply for, especially Jenny. He was not afraid to love from his heart!

5. Never take life for granted. Appreciate the little things in life.

Even if it's eating ice cream or just fishing, it's always nice spending time with those you care about and love. Even if life brings you good times and the bad, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."