Extremely Important Life Lessons From Watching Spongebob

What I learned from Spongebob is...

183

Spongebob Squarepants first aired on television on May 1, 1999. Since then, there have been over 250 episodes aired and two movies that many of us grew up watching. Although studies show that kids who watch Spongebob Squarepants have a shorter attention span, the little, yellow, sponge has taught us many life lessons we can use on a daily basis.

1: Always be ready: Even if you don't know what the day may have in store for you, it's always important to start the day saying, "I'M READY!"

2: Never take the easy way out. As Spongebob taught us, the process of blowing a perfect bubble is a little complicated, but if you do all of the hard work, it will pay off.

3: Using your imagination isn't just for children. Even Squidward gets a glimpse of how fun using your imagination can be... well, until he ends up in the dump...

4: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Don't skip it. Also, try serving it up Gary's way.

5: Best Friends are one of the greatest gifts in life. Time spent with each other is very valuable and shouldn't be taken for granted.

6: Never be afraid to dance in public.

7: The only pizza that's for you and me is the Krusty Krab Pizza. If it's any other type of pizza, do not expect me to share it.

8: POOP is very important. It's the key to a successful day at work... at least, at the Krusty Krab.

9: Be confident in who you are, even if other people don't like it. Being different is what makes you special.

10: Celebrate the little victories in life, whether it's getting an A on an exam or stopping Plankton from stealing the secret formula. Both are worth celebrating.

Spongebob Squarepants has left us with not only entertainment, but wisdom as well. Without Spongebob, where would society be today? So go ahead, sing the F.U.N. song. Go jellyfishing. Have a Spongebob Squarepants marathon. We won't judge you.