The One Where Friends Taught Some Life Lessons
Television Streaming

The One Where 'Friends' Taught Us Life Lessons

"So no one told you life was going to be this way?"

56
cast of friends
Warner Bros. TV

If you're anything like me, you probably grew up watching "Friends." Recently, I've re-watched the whole (yes, the WHOLE) series on Netflix, and I realized that there is actually a lot of good life lessons that the show taught me growing up. So this week, I want to address a few of the things that I learned from the pretty wonderful show.

The one where working is stressful af

We've all been there. We've all had that moment at work where someone says the wrong thing and you feel like you're one more stupid comment away from being on the first 48.

The one where YOU'RE means YOU ARE

If you're old enough to watch friends and you still don't understand this one, I don't know what to tell you.

The one where it's the little things that count

I'm not saying that sitting in a recliner is the most enjoyable thing to do, but if it makes you smile, then enjoy every second of it.

The one where a drink or two never hurt

Let's be real - sometimes it's going to require some alcohol to get you through the day.

The one where sometimes people who love you hurt you

The one where you have to fake act surprised

It's like on christmas when you asked for something, but you still have to act surprised when you open it up.

The one where bad habits are hard to break

Because sometimes no matter how hard you try, some habits really do die hard.

The one where fire always beats rock, paper and scissors

But rock, paper, scissors, fire comes in second place to rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock.

The one where you have to make yourself happy sometimes

Sometimes happiness is found on the inside and not from people around you.

The one where love is out there

Your lobster is out there, never stop looking.

The one where good friends are priceless

If theres anything that is worth more than gold, its friendships.