Life Isn't Easy, But There's Always Hope

You're not facing it on your own. It isn't always hard.

1987
Word Press

I’m not going to sit here and sugarcoat anything. I’m not going to beat around the bush or try and make things pretty. I’m going to be honest. Life isn’t easy. Everyday new choices are presented to us and there’s no rulebook or directions to tell us how to handle it. We get to forks in the roads of our lives and there’s no map telling his which one to take. Those are the facts. Those are things we can’t change. It’s just the way life works.

Sometimes, life can get really rough. You will feel lost and confused and you will search for answers that no one has to questions that you can barely even understand yourself. Things won’t make sense and you won’t know what is the right and what is the wrong decision, but you are going to have to make one. You aren’t going to know which direction to turn, but you are going to have to keep moving.

What’s going on is not going to make sense to you and you aren’t going to be able to understand why it’s all happening. You’re going to have to accept that. The bottom line is that God has His plan for you and your life. You aren’t supposed to understand his plan, so the things that will happen aren’t going to make sense, but you have to trust him.

You also have to remember that He isn’t going to let you go through it alone. He is going to be there for you, but He is also going to put people in your path to help you along the way. He’s going to make sure that you have friends to help point you in the right direction and make the decisions that seem impossible. They will also be there for you when you need them, even if it’s in the middle of the night and you are overthinking, or if it’s the middle of the day and you just need someone to talk to. God will put these people in your life so that you don’t have to face life on your own.

But as hard as life is, it can also be pretty great. It isn’t all pain and strife, confusion and heartache. There is joy and happiness and love as well. The hardships in life are meant to make you stronger, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t happiness present as well. Even on your darkest day, there will be some kind of light, some kind of beauty. There will always be hope. You just have to look for it.

Life isn’t easy. No one ever said it was, or if they did, they were clearly lying. But even though it’s hard, there is a point to the struggle, even if you can’t understand it. Everything happens for a reason. We will all end up where we are supposed to be and things will all work out as long as we trust God, trust ourselves, trust our friends, and most of all, always hold onto the hope that things will get better.