Don't Take My Life Advice

Don't Take My Life Advice

Because I have no clue what I'm doing

98
Don't Take My Life Advice
Photo by Joshua Earle on Unsplash

I, of all people, should not be telling anyone else how to live their lives when 98% of the time my own world feels like it's flipped upside down. The thing about life is that no one else can tell us how to do it correctly because no one else really knows what’s best for you except you. I know I still have so much to learn about the world right alongside everyone else; because the truth is, none of us have ever done this before. Each day is a new experience for every single person, and even if it seems monotonous and ordinary, there's always something different that happens. Sometimes it is so slight you may not even realize, and other days you wake up thinking everything will be just the same and one thing happens that changes everything.

There will always be things we know we need to improve upon and we try our best to. Every day we grow and change a little more without even noticing, until one day we look back and realize how far we have come. We learn more about ourselves, how much we are capable of, how strong we really are, and how far we can actually push ourselves. And my point is, no one else can make you get to that point.

No overly-wordy poetic writer is going to spark some self-realization, no matter how hard they may try.

Because you need to understand yourself first. Do you know that phrase about having to love yourself first? It's corny, but it's true. You need to really understand what makes you happy or sad, what makes you laugh hysterically or just really pisses you off or whatever the case may be. And you will never be 100% sure of how every single thing makes you feel because some days you'll laugh and the next day you'll cry, that's just life.

I’m right there with you, each day trying to make the best decisions and hoping to God I don’t f*ck up. But I will every once in a while, and that’s ok. You have to take it day by day. We are all going through it together, each of us waking up every morning and going about our days not even realizing how significant each little thing we do is. Not realizing that we are slowly growing into the people we are meant to be.

My point is, I have a lot to learn. So, I've decided I am going to document my own flaws and try to work through the obstacles and issues I face on a daily basis. I’m not doing it to preach some holier-than-thou BS, but instead to show you that no one really knows what the f*ck they’re doing. Maybe you’ll relate or maybe you won’t- if you do, great; if not, still great! It’s your life, I’m not here to tell you how to live it, because trust me, if I was, we’d all be screwed.