Life Is Too Short, No Matter How Long You Live

Psalm 39:4 reigns true.

195
Marleigh Moran

Last night, I was reading through Psalm 39. Psalm 39:4 reads, "Show me, Lord, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting my life is." From this verse, I simply learned life is too short.

Life is too short no matter how long you live.

It's too short to not tell that person that you love them.

It's too short to not eat that extra scoop of ice cream.

It's too short to not travel the world.

It's too short to not check things off of your bucket list.

Lately, I have been challenging myself to love the life that I live. Every aspect. God gave each of us one life. It is too short to worry about silly things or to complain about unimportant things.

Everyone should find time to step back and really see what is prioritized in your life. If you are chasing after something that is worldly or not in God's will for your life, then changes need to be made.

Trust me, I am not calling anyone out or longing to make people feel bad about themselves. I am just expressing what is going on in my heart. I've recently had to change some things in my life because I know that they weren't giving glory to God.

God has a purpose for each person: to make Heaven crowded.

You only have one life. It's obviously up to you how you spend it. I challenge you to see if you are truly where God wants you to be. If you aren't, then changes might have to be made.

That can be hard, I know, but God is a great listener who is understanding and loving. Trust in Him.