Life Is Short, Embrace It

Life Is Short, Embrace It

Please don't hold back or hold grudges.

182
Life Is Short, Embrace It

Last weekend was very rough and emotional for my family. My uncle died very early Friday morning, and his daughter (my cousin) died the next day.

Over the past four years, I have lost my father, both grandparents on my mom's side, my uncle, and my cousin. To say that this has been a rough patch is an understatement. It feels like my family and I really cannot catch a break.

However, I can't help but think this rough patch is teaching us a lesson and making us stronger.

When I think of the lesson I have learned from all of this, it is that life is short. We never really know what is going to happen. Sure, my grandparents were both 91 so they lived a long, incredible life. However, my dad was only 52, my uncle was 60, and my cousin? Well, she was only 26 years old.

Twenty six! There was so much more life to live, and when I think of this it breaks my heart.

So since life is short, what are we waiting for? Why do some of us still hold back from chasing our dreams? Why do we hold grudges?

Honestly, I have no idea. Thinking of my problems in the past, they all seem so petty and little and that it is not worth cutting ties with loved ones. To me, nothing is worth being angry with someone for so long that I might not have the chance to make amends with them.

When people pass away unexpectedly, sometimes people that were close to them say how they have regrets for not fixing the issues that they had.

It sincerely breaks my heart to know that some people wait so long to fix their problems that sometimes they can't fix them at all.

Personally, I made the promise to myself to never hold grudges. I also made the promise to go after what I want, no matter how challenging it may be. So, when all is said and done, I can say that I have no regrets. That is my one major goal in life. It may be tough sometimes, but I'm willing to work my butt off for it.

Maybe you guys will do the same.

All my love,

Kamille