Life Happens So Fast

Life Happens So Fast

But don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

235
Life Happens So Fast
Allie Bishop

Something they don’t teach you in school is that no matter what is going on in your life, time doesn’t stop. The world does not stop spinning when someone passes away, or you and your boyfriend break up, or you just feel like lying in bed all day. Your world may have come to a halt, but there is still a whole universe out there still living.

Time slips away from all of us sometimes, and maybe more often for others. For me, during the school year, it is so hard to find time for yourself or your friends because it feels like I have a test or a quiz every other day and I need to be in the library studying. But life does not stop for those 8 hours you’re in the library studying.

The sun is still shining, your friends are still hanging out, and that music festival is still happening whether you are there or not.

Don’t ever lose sight of what is important to you and all of your aspirations and dreams, but sometimes you just need to stop and enjoy life.

Stop and smell all the roses.

Go hang out with your friends, go to that music festival, go on that hike, ride that roller coaster.

You only regret the opportunities you fail to seize.

For the last two years I have gone to The Hangout Music Festival, and for the last two years, I have also been taking a summer class at the same time, forcing me to miss a couple days of class.

Both years I contemplated not going because of the class, and both years I have left the festival with the best memories of my entire life that I will never forget.

Do all the fun things you want to do in your life because I promise you, you will regret all of the things you didn’t do.

The whole world is out there living, so go live with it.