When Life Gives You Lemons

When Life Gives You Lemons

Chase a shot of tequila with it.

28
When Life Gives You Lemons
laurenconrad.com

If you are anything like me, you like to plan things out. You like to think about the future. You like to day dream about how things are going to be one, three, five, ten years from now. You have an idea about how you think your life is going to go, or at least how you want it to. But in reality, lemons will spontaneously fall from the sky and your plan will slowly crumble and you will be forced to come up with a new one. Take it from a girl who is currently on Plan C for her life now.

When my life plans got ruined, whether by my own doing or by some act of God, I was angry. I am naturally a planner so when things do not end up going my way, I begin to panic. This wasn't the way I envisioned this going. If there is one thing I can tell you from all the recent changes in my life it is "When life gives you lemons, you slice that sucker up and chase a shot of tequila with it." That's all you really can do. You can get angry, sad, cry, or throw a tantrum if you would like, but it is not going to change the fact that things are now different.

When life gives you lemons, you go on Pinterest and you find some recipe that calls for lots of lemons. You make do with what you have. Although it will be harder said than done, try to look at the positive in every situation. There might be someone out there who is hoping and praying for the situation that you have been chosen for. Or there is someone out there who has it so much worse than you. Allow yourself ten minutes to sit and feel sorry for yourself but after that you put your big girl panties on and deal with it. Since you are so good at planning, come up with a new plan.

Every time my plan was destroyed I thought to myself "Why me? Why now? Why this?" And although I might never get an actual answer, I like to think that everything happens for a reason. That God doesn't give us these burdens to carry if He didn't think that we would be able to carry them. That God's master plan for our lives is bigger and better than anything that we could plan for ourselves. That these major life changes are just God constructing a new path for us to lead ourselves to Him. It might not make sense at the time, and you might even wander from God thinking how could He do this to me, but someday it just might make sense.

It's hard to let go of an idea or dream of how things are supposed to go, but when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade and offer it to those struggling around you. Your lemonade might be what they have been searching for all along.