Life Doesn't Come With A Manual, It Comes With A Mother

Thank you, Mom.
1698

To my mother,

A tribute to Mother's Day, and a tribute to my own mother. You are my manual to life. You are always there for me, through thick and thin, and never cease to stop caring for me. I know I'm definitely not to the easiest person to handle, but you've always done your best, and it's always been good enough for me. There may be days that you think you aren't good enough, but Mom, you are more than enough. The times you think you've messed up were the times I look to you and see strength and compassion. I see a loving heart who would give a helping hand to anyone who needed it. I see a woman who has been through struggles but has always kept a smile on her face. Whenever you feel down, know that you have a daughter who thinks you are the world.

Through the ups and downs of my 20 years, you've always helped me accomplish my dreams. You helped me learn the value of independence and trusted me enough to make my own my life decisions. You let me fail and helped me learn from those failures. You let me grow up in my own way and supported me through decisions with which you might not have agreed. I can call at midnight on a Tuesday and ask you how to fill out my taxes, or ask how to make lasagna like you, and you will do everything you can to help. I thank you for the late nights driving me to soccer tournaments, the meals you make after work even though you're so tired and the countless encouraging talks and hugs. You have given your all to be my mother and I can't thank you enough.

You may think you made a mistake throughout parenting, but I'm here and have been successful because of you and because of your support. I would never have accomplished near as much if it wasn’t for you continuously never giving up on me. You sacrifice so much for me; you always put us kids before any needs of your own. You work day in and day out to support my life, and I couldn't be more grateful. I think about the mother I would like to be someday and honestly, Mom, I want to be you. I want to be able to look on my children and give my all to them. You have shown me what it truly means to love unconditionally. You taught me how to love, and how to show compassion to others.

If I could be half the parent you are, I would feel that I would be a successful mother. You taught me the importance of a helping hand and doing right.You taught me what strength is, you taught me that life isn't fair and that hard work will win every time. You have a heart that never stops caring and hands that never stop hugging; I can honestly say you are my hero and the greatest mom in the world.