Life Circumstances Won't Prevent Me From Pursuing You

Life happens, but it shouldn't stop us.

12
Unsplash

We had plans to meet up, and I'm not going to lie- I was crushed when you texted me, saying you had been sick since 2 in the morning and wouldn't be able to make it. Though I was frustrated, I understood- life happens, things come up, and sickness happens.

We had plans for you to come to my choir concert, and I'm not going to lie- I was crushed when you texted me, saying you got called in to work because of severe understaffing. Though I was disappointed, I understood- life happens, things come up, and employers need employees.

I want you to know something, and I sincerely hope you feel the same way- Life circumstances won't prevent me from pursuing you.

We're both stupidly busy college students. We're both nearing our senior year of college, and we're both pursuing majors that ask us to put our heart and soul into helping people better themselves. It's not hard to understand that life happens, and it sometimes feels like life is preventing us from getting to know each other, from building a relationship that could be something magical, pure, and lovely.

I'll make time for what's important... And you- the idea of you- is important to me. You intrigue me. You're different- I want to get to know you better. I want to understand your fears, your joys, how you tick and why you tick. Life happens- and life, mixed with a little courage and a belief that beauty can be found in any circumstance, is what brought us together. Let's embrace life, and let's discover if what we can create can bring a little more light, happiness, and love into this world.