Life After Disney

Life After Disney

The story comes alive
90

"Each of us have a dream, a heart’s desire, it calls to us,
and when we’re brave enough to listen, and bold enough to pursue,
that dream will lead us on a journey to discover who we’re meant to be.
All we have to do is look inside our hearts and unlock the magic within."

My phone alarm goes off every morning and I wake up hoping that I am back in my happy place - Walt Disney World. No longer a simple vacation spot in my mind, this magical place became my home for a few short months. After opening my eyes and being exposed to the obnoxiously loud train bells, I can realize that I am not where I belong.

After coming home from my Disney College Program in May, I have recognized that I have become an entirely different person. And as I sit here writing and listening to Disney music in the background, I realize how happy I am. I am a happy person who has now figured out where she is supposed to go and what to do in life. What I enjoy more than anything in this world is creating happiness for others. In turn, the happiness is created for me as well.

If you knew me growing up, you could always find me sitting at the table at a party and even Prom! I never wanted to socialize or actually enjoy myself by “letting loose.” While watching videos of me at Disney, I am unrecognizable. I am the one dancing with the children in front of Cinderella’s Castle and down Main Street USA. This different side of me did not remain in the Magic Kingdom. In fact, I brought it back with me to New Jersey.

Although I am no longer in the sunny state of Florida, I can cherish all of my memories with a ridiculous collection of memorabilia in my dorm room. I miss my roommates and co-workers dreadfully, I constantly watch parades and firework shows from the parks online, and I live through the people who are experiencing the magic in person. Sometimes I tell myself, “Oh maybe I should have done this while I was there or perhaps I should not have done this,” but these are my memories - not regrets.

Even though I found my dream with the Walt Disney Company, that does not mean that you must find yours there as well. Be free and find your own dreams wherever they may lie. Not enough people tell others to chase their dreams. So please, I beg of you, chase your dreams.

“And so our journey comes to an end
but yours continues on
grab hold of your dreams
and make them come true
for you are the key to unlocking your own magic
now go, let your dreams guide you
reach out and find your happily ever after ”

-Happily Ever After